The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Keep in mind, he was out for 6 months until December recovering from hip surgery lol. His conditioning is *** right now. 

How the plan was to ever keep running him out there I have no idea. If nothing else, they should have required a warm body to split time with him as needed if they didn't trust Vitek (which they shouldn't have been doing since November) 

Schmid is right there. He played well last game in replacement of Daws. You have Poulter to try out as well. I just don't get running the kid down. This is malpractice from Ruff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Schmid is right there. He played well last game in replacement of Daws. You have Poulter to try out as well. I just don't get running the kid down. This is malpractice from Ruff.

It's wild how Schmid went from getting shutouts in the playoffs last year to them not trusting him to play against any of these mediocre and bad west coast teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's wild how Schmid went from getting shutouts in the playoffs last year to them not trusting him to play against any of these mediocre and bad west coast teams. 

Which is funny because he has the best basic goalie stats on the team, just looking at hockey reference lol. I mean, they're all bad but he's the best of the bunch.

Thats the type of season it is. Kings are incompetent with their line change or Daneault was cherry picking purposefully and they get rewarded for it. 

No deke, no moves...straight up shot and Daws gets beat. Not Daws' fault, but I'd like to see him save that too. 

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I am honestly about to stop following James Nichols. He's such an insane apologist for the team. Cannot be critical whatsoever. He's pretentious as **** too.

"Daws has been great" 

Okay, yes....if you're grading on the curve of him being massively overworked and coming off a hip surgery, fine. But you don't get to be graded on a curve in the NHL lol. They don't take goals back and don't give the Devils points because Daws has been good for his very specific situation lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

"Daws has been great" 

Okay, yes....if you're grading on the curve of him being massively overworked and coming off a hip surgery, fine. But you don't get to be graded on a curve in the NHL lol. They don't take goals back and don't give the Devils points because Daws has been good for his very specific situation lol 

Just an asinine take tbh

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?