The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm shocked that the voices that were nowhere to be found in 2022-23 are the loudest on HF in the 2023-24 offseason. 

I've basically grown completely intolerant of Jim's bull**** at this point. The next time I see Jim make a genuine discussion post will be the first time. 

At least Vic is willing to have a legit conversation 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Woof. 

They already have a better version of Holtz on the roster so he was redundant. Zetts at least can fill a bottom 6 role with his talents. I wasn't a fan of the one dimensional pick with Holtz that high and I'm looking more and more right as time goes by. Should've been Jarvis or Askarov.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've basically grown completely intolerant of Jim's bull**** at this point. The next time I see Jim make a genuine discussion post will be the first time. 

At least Vic is willing to have a legit conversation 

Yeah but Vic will also disappear when things are going well. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah but Vic will also disappear when things are going well. 

Yeah, he has no interest in conversation when the team is good lol 

• Like 1

It really ******* hurts that we could legit have Jarvis and Stankoven on this roster but instead we probably have two non-NHL RWs instead. Just baffling drafting on our part. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It really ******* hurts that we could legit have Jarvis and Stankoven on this roster but instead we probably have two non-NHL RWs instead. Just baffling drafting on our part. 

The Stillman selection will forever be one of the most baffling selections I have seen. Dude was playing minors in Denmark his draft year or whatever. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Stillman selection will forever be one of the most baffling selections I have seen. Dude was playing minors in Denmark his draft year or whatever. 

We wanted to get #Tuff

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm rooting for a Rags sweep, man. I feel dirty. If that happens, hopefully Dundon rage fires RBA and we swoop in.

The rangers are really good, especially now that Laf has gotten his **** together. 

I don't think they'll win it all, but I'd probably have them #2 or #3 most likely 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The rangers are really good, especially now that Laf has gotten his **** together. 

I don't think they'll win it all, but I'd probably have them #2 or #3 most likely 

I'm rooting for the Oilers or Stars. Either McDavid gets one or DeBoer gets one.

47 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Leafs fired Sheldon Keefe. Lets get those wheels turning Dubas.

Interestingly, Keefe as HC would not bug me even though I prefer Sullivan 

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Trade #10 for Askarov?

I would, yes. 

I do not believe Fitz will or that Nashville will. 

I have far more proof of concept with Askarov at this point. Generally don't think it's a good idea of using a top 10 pick on a goalie in the draft, but we have now seen him dominate the KHL and the AHL. Seems like a good bet to make imo 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Interestingly, Keefe as HC would not bug me even though I prefer Sullivan 

We certainly seem to have our options with Keefe, Woodcroft, Berube and (hopefully) Sullivan. Let's not screw this one up, Fitz. I'd prefer Berube the least tho. So let's get one of the others.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?