The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we need 2 forward spots and 1 defenseman. We can probably get by with 1 forward spot and just have a guy buried in the AHL that we bring up as the 13th F every now and again, but given that MacDermid is probably going to play like half the games at least, I'm not sure if we want to run a short group. Going to be a lot of 20+ minute games for out main guys when MacDermid is in there. 

The goalies aren't that big of a deal since they'll just be buried anyway, but we really don't have a lot of play room in terms of money. One big money add plus two very light depth pieces. When guys like Teddy Blueger are getting 2 million aav, doesn't give you a ton of wiggle room. Those things add up 

Will be interesting to see what Fitz has in store. 

Do we think we have the space to make a move for Trenin while also making the plays on the top 6 forward and top 4 dman? Trenin is perfect for our bottom 6. Gets kinda complicated with all the left handed shots in the bottom 6 and the money there since I'm not sure we want someone making $3+ Million on the 4th line. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Kinda dumb, not going to lie. Marino's deal is an absolute sweetheart deal at 4.4 x3. Pesce and guys this year are all going to get 6-7.

And then we still need to solve LHD situation. 

And it sounds like we are really trying to move that pick 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Marino may solve the LHD situation tho. Just depends on what we do with him and #10. It's all fluid.

This would probably be the best case scenario. I'm not sure who would be out there that would be comparable to Marino on the left side, but definitely the best way to go.