The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far

beekay414

I actually like Cotter. I think this is a shrewd af move by Fitz. Both Schmid and Holtz are highly emotional players and inconsistent as hell. Think Fitz also sends a message with a move like this. Either play to your abilities or find yourself a new team. We're done with the **** boy phase. We're now in the FAFO phase.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I actually like Cotter. I think this is a shrewd af move by Fitz. Both Schmid and Holtz are highly emotional players and inconsistent as hell. Think Fitz also sends a message with a move like this. Either play to your abilities or find yourself a new team. We're done with the **** boy phase. We're now in the FAFO phase.

He fits the bottom six better for sure. Very clear what Fitz is trying to do.

Also, this year and next at 775k

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I guess publicly criticizing Holtz didn't help his value either. 😂

It's crazy how much he hated holtz, especially considering he drafted him. You'd think holtz was a shero pick or something. I think he was Fitz's very first pick as GM I'm pretty sure

Just now, Forge said:

It's crazy how much he hated holtz, especially considering he drafted him. You'd think holtz was a shero pick or something. I think he was Fitz's very first pick as GM I'm pretty sure

TBF, we gotta take into account the circumstances around the 2020 NHL Draft too. Scouting was harder then and it may not have been his team/pick quite yet. I bet he was disappointed with the apathy that Holtz consistently showed on the ice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

TBF, we gotta take into account the circumstances around the 2020 NHL Draft too. Scouting was harder then and it may not have been his team/pick quite yet. I bet he was disappointed with the apathy that Holtz consistently showed on the ice. 

Kid has absolutely no urgency. Hope he finds his game in Vegas, but it wasn't going to happen here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bratt-Hughes-Mercer/???
Meier-Hischier-???
Palat-Haula-???/Mercer
Cotter-Lazar-Bastian
MacDermid-Foote

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce?
Dillon?-Nemec
DeSimone

Markstrom-Allen

Really need a bounce back from Mercer this year or that top 6 is in rough shape

Just now, Forge said:

Cotter being a healthy scratch during the playoffs isn't ideal

I mean, VGK were cap merchants the entire year so they were getting guys back from LTIR so it would make sense that he was the one cut from the lineup after they acquired better options with that added space. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far