The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far

beekay414

I would take Boqvist over Cotter straight up just as an example.

Yeah, HF is unserious. Jesper Boqvist, on this team, has no place. Cotter's style is sorely needed. These dudes just live to complain. I honestly cannot wait until we get on the ice and this team pops off under Keefe. Everything is friggin' doom and gloom over there. 

• Like 1

I think the most difficult thing for me to understand so far this offseason is everyone is talking about roster fits and who we had and who we're signing as if we're still operating the same way we did under Ruff. We have a new coach who will run an entirely different system therefore we are likely looking for entirely different strengths in certain players. We obviously cannot move off the core pieces and Keefe knows what it's like to work with highly skilled forward talent but we can move off of the secondary pieces to build a structure that Keefe wants. I 100% feel that's what's happening this offseason. It's a combination of "getting tougher to play against" and getting the right guys to fit what Sheldon wants. 

Call me a blind optimist but I think we're going to see this team absolutely pop off under Keefe assuming health doesn't wreck us again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, HF is unserious. Jesper Boqvist, on this team, has no place. Cotter's style is sorely needed. These dudes just live to complain. I honestly cannot wait until we get on the ice and this team pops off under Keefe. Everything is friggin' doom and gloom over there. 

Hf boards / hockey fans and their love for random 4th line players is bizarre. Go through the same thing with Bastian. Him in the expansion draft was hilarious 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Hf boards / hockey fans and their love for random 4th line players is bizarre. Go through the same thing with Bastian. Him in the expansion draft was hilarious 

lol I remember. And then we got him back for nothing anyways. I think it's hilarious that the activity on that forum is way higher when we suck than it is when we're good because the usual suspects can't ***** when we're rolling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol I remember. And then we got him back for nothing anyways. I think it's hilarious that the activity on that forum is way higher when we suck than it is when we're good because the usual suspects can't ***** when we're rolling.

100% 

I don't know what Jim would do if this team was really good for a decade long stretch. 

I assume he'd still ***** though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

100% 

I don't know what Jim would do if this team was really good for a decade long stretch. 

I assume he'd still ***** though

"Why'd we trade Connor Chatham for a 34 year old rental!" is probably what it was like when we were really competing. Yeah, I know we didn't trade Connor Chatham but he would've found a way to ***** about Lou's overrated prospects like he's overrating the hell out of Kevin Bahl right now.

I mean, why argue with the dude when he does stuff like listing an "in and out" list but leaves off Markstrom because of "35 other reasons." There is no winning with that old man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

BRING HIM HOME

Just a strange obsession with replaceable parts from hockey fans 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far