The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far

beekay414

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Biggest concern right now is that he just won't come over

If he signs, is it only the ELC variety or are Russian players eligible for different contracts? Like what did Kaprizov do at first with the Wild? Did he have an ELC year and then the bigger contract?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If he signs, is it only the ELC variety or are Russian players eligible for different contracts? Like what did Kaprizov do at first with the Wild? Did he have an ELC year and then the bigger contract?

I think it's regular contracts and is based somewhat on their age. Goose and Kuzmenko basically signed their one year elc deal and then got their real contracts (they were 27). 

Kaprizov signed his deal at 23, had to sign for 2 years, and then got his real contract.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it's regular contracts and is based somewhat on their age. Goose and Kuzmenko basically signed their one year elc deal and then got their real contracts (they were 27). 

Kaprizov signed his deal at 23, had to sign for 2 years, and then got his real contract.

So say he comes over in like 2024 or 2025 (23 or 24 years old), he signs a 2 year ELC. God that would be such an asset for when we're fighting the cap. Getting a top 6er that's likely ready to jump into a role like Kaprizov would (he's not Kaprizov obviously) would be so awesome.

I know fans like to **** on Shero but the job Shero, Castron and Fitzy have done to build this pipeline while having some elite top end talent on the actual squad is just awesome. We're really set up to win for the next decade plus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So say he comes over in like 2024 or 2025 (23 or 24 years old), he signs a 2 year ELC. God that would be such an asset for when we're fighting the cap. Getting a top 6er that's likely ready to jump into a role like Kaprizov would (he's not Kaprizov obviously) would be so awesome.

I know fans like to **** on Shero but the job Shero, Castron and Fitzy have done to build this pipeline while having some elite top end talent on the actual squad is just awesome. We're really set up to win for the next decade plus. 

Honestly, I didn't hate a lot of what of Shero did...I thought process was good and the results just missed. 

Things like the Marjo trade didn't work, but I loved the idea. Subban didn't work, I was less bullish on that, but it was a big swing. Goose was someone everyone wanted. 

The only trade that he really made that I didn't like right from jump was the Mueller trade. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I didn't hate a lot of what of Shero did...I thought process was good and the results just missed. 

Things like the Marjo trade didn't work, but I loved the idea. Subban didn't work, I was less bullish on that, but it was a big swing. Goose was someone everyone wanted. 

The only trade that he really made that I didn't like right from jump was the Mueller trade. 

Yeah, Shero gets unjust hate IMO. He did good things and he's responsible for bringing Fitzgerald and Castron to the franchise. His problem was he hitched his wagon to Hynes and that got him fired.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce and Dillon...so far