The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Their farm system is brutal bad though. That's like a deal where they give two firsts and whatever prospects they have that are remotely intriguing

But are those two 1sts even going to be good? I know our 23 1st will be bad but we're also dangling significantly better pieces than Vegas has. If that's the case, that 2nd round pick you put in your proposal earlier? I'd make it conditional. Make it an unprotected 1st if Meier extends by a certain date or we advance to the ECF. Get creative.

Edited by beekay414

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But are those two 1sts even going to be good? I know our 23 1st will be bad but we're also dangling significantly better pieces than Vegas has. If that's the case, that 2nd round pick you put in your proposal earlier? I'd make it conditional. Make it an unprotected 1st if Meier extends by a certain date or we advance to the ECF. Get creative.

A future first from lv has a chance to be really good because I could definitely see them crater. 

But I don't take Vegas seriously as a real threat. Their biggest asset is their tenacity, so I won't rule them out, but it's hard to see a path there

Just now, Forge said:

A future first from lv has a chance to be really good because I could definitely see them crater. 

But I don't take Vegas seriously as a real threat. Their biggest asset is they're tenacity, so I won't rule them out, but it's hard to see a path there

Yeah, if it's a ways out. I don't think they crater before the 2024 or 2025 drafts. The West is comedy.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?