The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?

beekay414

I'm not sure Casey will sign this off season...which is mildly concerning. 

I'm assuming that this is largely due to their not being on the NHL roster for him right now and he'd rather stay at Michigan than play in Utica, but the closer you get to that Free agent route, the more appealing it is 

Tom Fitzgerald revealed that he and Casey’s camp have been in contact, however, the prospect defenseman is undecided, though leaning toward turning pro.

“If I was a betting man, I’d say he’s turning pro,” Fitzgerald explained. “When you forego the rest of your college career you have to be two feet in. We’re going to give him all the time he needs”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

What kind of contract? 

I suspect he'll get more than I'd be willing to go, but I have no problem going 3 x 7.5

Wouldn't be surprised if teams want to go one year either though. After next year he's eligible for 35+ contracts 

Just now, Forge said:

I suspect he'll get more than I'd be willing to go, but I have no problem going 3 x 7.5

Wouldn't be surprised if teams want to go one year either though. After next year he's eligible for 35+ contracts 

So you think he'd push for 1 year himself to get to the 35+ contract?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So you think he'd push for 1 year himself to get to the 35+ contract?

No, but wouldn't be surprised if the market is limited in multi year deals, and I think market / location will matter for him

1 minute ago, Forge said:

No, but wouldn't be surprised if the market is limited in multi year deals, and I think market / location will matter for him

We're literally right next door to NYC. I don't know why we're never brought up in this regard. It's 45 minutes away lol. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We're literally right next door to NYC. I don't know why we're never brought up in this regard. It's 45 minutes away lol. 

Dunno. Players have never gravitated there. Perhaps it's leftover stigma from the Lou and McMullen era. There's definitely a perception issue. Doesnt help when Johnny hockey basically **** on the devils for Columbus. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Dunno. Players have never gravitated there. Perhaps it's leftover stigma from the Lou and McMullen era. There's definitely a perception issue. Doesnt help when Johnny hockey basically **** on the devils for Columbus. 

And I bet he ******* regrets that immensely.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Markstrom is a Devil, Pesce next?