The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The trickiest part of that is that I am not sure that helle makes the devils the team to beat even in the east (especially if Carolina lands EK)

I wonder if that makes Fitz more reticent to give up big pieces and big money to him

Eh, can't operate with that mindset. You do whatever you can to win the cup and worry only about your team. What Carolina does shouldn't matter to us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

The trickiest part of that is that I am not sure that helle makes the devils the team to beat even in the east (especially if Carolina lands EK)

I wonder if that makes Fitz more reticent to give up big pieces and big money to him

Highly disagree there. I bet we’d be the betting favorite as well.

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Highly disagree there. I bet we’d be the betting favorite as well.

Until we beat Carolina, it's running through them. They didn't even have svech last year and whipped our ***, and the problem was way bigger than goalies. Add orlov and ek and bunting into that group and it's even better

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Until we beat Carolina, it's running through them. They didn't even have svech last year and whipped our ***, and the problem was way bigger than goalies. Add orlov and ek and bunting into that group and it's even better

It was our first year in the playoffs, dude. What they do should have no bearing on what we do. They may have whipped our ***** but they immediately got theirs handed to them right after so they aren't infallible. Our sole focus is getting better and we are. I'm not worried about the Carolina Hurricanes just as I'm not worried about the Colorado Avalanche or the Vegas Golden Knights or the Florida Panthers. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Detroit got Fischer for 1x1.125. I would've liked that for us. We've gotta be holding that space for a goalie move, man.

Some of that may just be for in season too. Boston is comfortable on the cap so I'm not expecting ullmark now. 

Chevy seems content to play hard ball. If anything on the helle front comes through, it's going to take a while I think.

Pius Sutter has been mentioned on the board and I think that would be a good pull, but it's hard to know what we are doing. If we are waiting on the goalie, I don't expect anything but ahl moves

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It was our first year in the playoffs, dude. What they do should have no bearing on what we do. They may have whipped our ***** but they immediately got theirs handed to them right after so they aren't infallible. Our sole focus is getting better and we are. I'm not worried about the Carolina Hurricanes just as I'm not worried about the Colorado Avalanche or the Vegas Golden Knights or the Florida Panthers. 

What they do has a bearing on who I would consider the favorite, which is what he was talking about. 

We got our *** kicked and they are a good team who is getting better. Want to be the favorite, have to beat them first

Just now, Forge said:

What they do has a bearing on who I would consider the favorite, which is what he was talking about. 

We got our *** kicked and they are a good team who is getting better. Want to be the favorite, have to beat them first

I don't really care about being the favorite. I just wanna be in a position to win it. That's all that should matter. Can't win if we're not in a position to do so.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't really care about being the favorite. I just wanna be in a position to win it. That's all that should matter. Can't win if we're not in a position to do so.

That's fine, but his comment was in regard to who the favorite would be and I was responding to that lol

That's fine, but his comment was in regard to who the favorite would be and I was responding to that lol

And I was more so piggybacking off yesterday's comments about Fitzy being more reticent to acquire Helle based on Carolina's moves. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

I’m not putting much stock into the playoff loss. First playoffs coming off an emotional 7 game series win vs a rival. 

The experience alone would make a difference . 

Even without Hellebuck it would be close to a 50-50 series. There’s not a massive talent gap which is what I feel you’re implying . 

Edited by Rainmaker90

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And I was more so piggybacking off yesterday's comments about Fitzy being more reticent to acquire Helle based on Carolina's moves. 

Nobody is disagreeing with that. I do worry fitzy might be hesitant to move all in given that he doesn't like rentals as it is. I don't need him having more potential reasons to not jump at it

Nobody is disagreeing with that. I do worry fitzy might be hesitant to move all in given that he doesn't like rentals as it is. I don't need him having more potential reasons to not jump at it

Eh, it would depend on how the team views Schmid. Can see that they moved on Toffoli if they think Holtz can replace him next year, moved on Miller with Nemec in the pipeline, so if they move on Hellebuyck, they believe in Schmid. I think he's more hesitant to jump at TDL rentals and not full season ones.

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not putting much stock into the playoff loss. First playoffs coming off an emotional 7 game series win vs a rival. 

The experience alone would make a difference . 

Even without Hellebuck it would be close to a 50-50 series. There’s not a massive talent gap which is what I feel you’re implying . 

There's more to winning a series than talent. They play a style that was not conducive to the Devils succeeding, they are more disciplined in their system and they have better system with Rod. They also have talent in line with the devils. 

The experience factor is massively overblown. They got their *** kicked and Carolina is a really good team. That's okay. But if you want to be that team, you better beat that team. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, it would depend on how the team views Schmid. Can see that they moved on Toffoli if they think Holtz can replace him next year, moved on Miller with Nemec in the pipeline, so if they move on Hellebuyck, they believe in Schmid. I think he's more hesitant to jump at TDL rentals and not full season ones.

The Schmid factor is nice because it gives us leverage in negotiations with Winnipeg. I really do think that they are going to have an insanely difficult time moving Helle for real value and bottom line is, we really don't have to do anything at all during the off season. I think Winnipeg is on the clock, not the devils. Rental goalies at the deadline happen every now and again, but I don't think any team operates with a preferred methodology of fixing a goalie problem at the deadline. 

And I can't imagine that Chevy is going to be willing to lose him for free unless there's a playoff mandate from ownership (not sure if they would do that or not. Winnipeg's owner is like the richest in the sport, I think, but the Jets have had some problems since Covid if I'm remembering right) 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!