The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question - if we acquired Timo, would you break up Jack / Nico / Bratt into three separate lines? Like, I have been thinking about this, and I sort of don't hate it because Nico's line can exist without the rush and Bratt / Jack are puck possession transport hogs who drive play. 

Nico's line has been weirdly successful with guys like Nico / Tatar / Zetterlund. Or you can do what they did yesterday with Nico / Tatar / Mercer. 

Jack's line is successful no matter what because of Jack. We can put Rango on one side, Palat on the other if we want, or put Palat on one side and Zetterlund on the other. Jack drives the action there. You don't want Timo on a line with him because they will cannibalize each others shots. 

Bratt drives play on his own, and I think is the guy that I would most want with Timo because Bratt transports the puck and looks to pass first. You'd unfortunately have to stick them with Haula most likely, which sucks...but if Bratt can carry Goose and Zacha on a line and be successful with Zacha at center, I don't know why he couldn't make this work. If we want to get froggy, maybe long term we try to get Rango to be a center and put him in the middle of this line moving forward. 

And then you can just have those three lines basically run 18 minutes a night each and give the 4th line something like 8 minutes? 

So lets say: 

Tatar - Nico - Mercer

Palat - Jack - Zetterlund

Bratt - Haula - Timo

Rango - Mikey - Bastian 

So what you're saying is you want to make the Nico 3C meme real? I think, if that were the plan, you go get Max Domi to man the dot on the Bratt and Timo line. He's a better version of Haula. You use Haula's contract plus draft compensation and a prospect to get Domi. Something like Haula, conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if we win a playoff series or make the ECF) and Boqvist (ELC that hits the $3 Million threshold to get Domi). 

Bratt-Domi-Meier
Palat-Hughes-Zetterlund
Tatar-Hischier-Mercer
Sharangovich-McLeod-Bastian

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So what you're saying is you want to make the Nico 3C meme real? I think, if that were the plan, you go get Max Domi to man the dot on the Bratt and Timo line. He's a better version of Haula. You use Haula's contract plus draft compensation and a prospect to get Domi. Something like Haula, conditional 3rd (becomes a 2nd if we win a playoff series or make the ECF) and Boqvist (ELC that hits the $3 Million threshold to get Domi). 

Bratt-Domi-Meier
Palat-Hughes-Zetterlund
Tatar-Hischier-Mercer
Sharangovich-McLeod-Bastian

I've always been fine with the 3 line thing, that's why I thought they should have taken Wright this year. Tampa is the blueprint for how they handled their top 9 (including three very good centers) when you just get everyone a good amount of minutes. 

I'd be good with grabbing Domi (I die a little inside every time I say that) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I wonder if it drives Taylor Hall mad that Pavel Zacha is in the top 6 and he's not lol. Hall's only averaging like 20 seconds more TOI than Zacha too lol.

The fall of Taylor Hall is one of the weirder things I've seen. I can't believe it was the injury either. He just lost his ability to score. After his MVP season, he basically forgot how to score on breakaways and became a 21 goal / 55 point per season guy. He's basically an inferior tyler toffoli now. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The fall of Taylor Hall is one of the weirder things I've seen. I can't believe it was the injury either. He just lost his ability to score. After his MVP season, he basically forgot how to score on breakaways and became a 21 goal / 55 point per season guy. He's basically an inferior tyler toffoli now. 

Thank you, John Chayka.

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!