The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, toying with ******* lineups in the playoffs? This is the absolute last time you want to switch things up. One bad game can dump an entire series.

There’s been little continuity all year. It’s no wonder they’re not sharp. The lines switched all year 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s been little continuity all year. It’s no wonder they’re not sharp. The lines switched all year 

Because Lindy Ruff just can't help himself. Had to get his grinders where he could in the lineup. I mean, he couldn't help himself in game 2 of the playoffs, down 0-1, and bumped the two biggest wastes of spaces on the roster up a line from L4 and scratched for better players. He's just out of his depths.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Because Lindy Ruff just can't help himself. Had to get his grinders where he could in the lineup. I mean, he couldn't help himself in game 2 of the playoffs, down 0-1, and bumped the two biggest wastes of spaces on the roster up a line from L4 and scratched for better players. He's just out of his depths.

It's a positively boomer like coaching performance. An old dinosaur thinking playoff hockey is like it was in the 1990s

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's a positively boomer like coaching performance. An old dinosaur thinking playoff hockey is like it was in the 1990s

Despite analytically based teams winning the Cup the last 3 seasons too lol. Just mind-*******-boggling. We need a new aged coach. I'd like to gamble on an up-and-coming guy rather than just cycling through retreads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't even want Bratt back.

As much as I hate the "playoffs are different" mantra, would not shock me at all if Fitz tried to restructure along those lines. Move bratt out, maybe sign a bertuzzi.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

As much as I hate the "playoffs are different" mantra, would not shock me at all if Fitz tried to restructure along those lines. Move bratt out, maybe sign a bertuzzi.

If Bratt's agent pushes for a big payday, we'll trade him. I don't think Fitz wants to go round 3 with Persson. Trade him to Arizona for Lawson Crouse and one of their bajillion 2nd or 3rd round picks.

• Like 1

I find it comical that everyone is losing their ****. It's like, bros, it's our first go-round with this core. We weren't going to come in and light the world on fire. Even the Malkin-Crosby Penguins lost in 5 their first playoff. I know Stammer made a ECF but when Kucherov got up to Tampa, they got swept, I believe, in their first playoff series together. Nathan MacKinnon Avalanche didn't win their first playoff series until MacKinnon's 3rd playoff appearance. It takes time. The fact that we did what we did this year was awesome. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Bratt's agent pushes for a big payday, we'll trade him. I don't think Fitz wants to go round 3 with Persson. Trade him to Arizona for Lawson Crouse and one of their bajillion 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Bratt would make a lot of sense to Calgary. I'm not sure what fit for a trade there is

Just now, beekay414 said:

I find it comical that everyone is losing their ****. It's like, bros, it's our first go-round with this core. We weren't going to come in and light the world on fire. Even the Malkin-Crosby Penguins lost in 5 their first playoff. I know Stammer made a ECF but when Kucherov got up to Tampa, they got swept, I believe, in their first playoff series together. Nathan MacKinnon Avalanche didn't win their first playoff series until MacKinnon's 3rd playoff appearance. It takes time. The fact that we did what we did this year was awesome. 

Hf in full meltdown mode. For a bit I was trolling with positivity