The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Super damn annoying. It was like watching them screw with Boqvist his first year all over again. 

Well, Boqvist got 70 games last year so you'd think that Holtz will have that opportunity this time. Fitz just needs to tell Lindy that he needs to play the kid because, if we don't extend Toffoli, we're going to be counting on him for top 6 minutes in 2024-25. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

So the interesting one will definitely be Holtz. 

The annoying thing is that he looked great last pre-season and camp with Palat and Jack and which got him on the roster and then they promptly didn't want to play him. I have some concerns about ruff pulling that **** again. This team needs to crap or get off the pot with Holtz. If he's good in the off season, they have to commit to him on the NHL roster, or they need to let him sit in Utica and play and then bring him up as needed

That was real strange. With all of his line shuffling when we went through our droughts , he did not give Holtz much of a shot at all 

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That was real strange. With all of his line shuffling when we went through our droughts , he did not give Holtz much of a shot at all 

Ruff is so weird with the  every day lineup decisions, I swear

Assuming we don't sign anyone of consequence at forward (which is looking very unlikely) and we sign an 8th dman (after a PTO in camp most likely) while also not trading for another goalie, we'd be sitting roughly at $3.5 Million in cap space. We'd also be able to accrue on that during the season so we'd have even more money for the TDL. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

They still have to sign Samsonov.

Oh yeah. Hmm. Maybe nylander extension talks not going well? We know he's not giving a discount and I'd wager a decent amount guys next contract starts with a 9

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh yeah. Hmm. Maybe nylander extension talks not going well? We know he's not giving a discount and I'd wager a decent amount guys next contract starts with a 9

That or they're going to buyout/trade Murray. Not sure exactly what Samsonov's gonna get paid so I'm not sure a buyout of Murray in the 2nd window covers it. Either way, their depth is going to be awful. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Have to assume this means Toronto is out on Domi. If we are adding a forward, I don't mind taking a look

If they sign Domi, they're definitely trading Nylander. They'd need that top 6 help and Domi can play up for the season at least.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If they sign Domi, they're definitely trading Nylander. They'd need that top 6 help and Domi can play up for the season at least.

Signed Domi (Toronto did)

Sounds like they may buy out Murray

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!