The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

So after rounding out the roster, I'm thinking we have about 3 million in space left. That seems a little high to leave on the table to start the season, but I'm not sure there's anything going crazy over in free agency. I can't imagine that we are in that much of a hurry to add another forward, right? 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

So after rounding out the roster, I'm thinking we have about 3 million in space left. That seems a little high to leave on the table to start the season, but I'm not sure there's anything going crazy over in free agency. I can't imagine that we are in that much of a hurry to add another forward, right? 

Well, adding Foote and Holtz, it's closer to $1.5 to $2 Million I think and we still need a #8 dman. 

28 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Are you guys buying into the ‘something must be up because Fitz hasn’t talked to the media about FA yet’ group?

also hockey Twitter is beyond weird 

We really didn't do anything in UFA so not really. 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Are you guys buying into the ‘something must be up because Fitz hasn’t talked to the media about FA yet’ group?

also hockey Twitter is beyond weird 

The first day I thought yes. Since then, no. As beekay said, just nothing to really talk about

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Someone on Twitter liked the idea and said he’d like a bounce back since he faced so many shots in Anaheim.

Three awful years in a row where his backups played just as well as he did makes me super worried about the "bad team" excuse.

4 years left on a deal that pays him as a top 5 goalie in the league. Someone else can gamble on that bounce back. That's a catastrophic grenade if he sucks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just go get Helle and be done with it.

The comment about things evolving internally at the position makes it seem like there will be some sort of move, but if they want to start the season running with VV and Schmid I would get it. See what shakes out 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!