The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think he's going to be in the top 6. I don't know how they are going to put him in over toffoli and mercer on the right (nevermind that Timo and bratt have also spent more time on the right). I'm not even sure holtz will make the team, tbh. 

If they are just going to intermingle the top 9 like crazy, the palat / Hughes / holtz line was very good in the preseason. I'd be curious to see more of that

I can’t see him not making the team. If they were that down on him he probably would be in SJ right now. 

im really hoping we have to continuity in the top 6 this year. Jack and Nico should have one constant running mate . 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t think it’s wise to want a low ceiling guy over a high ceiling guy when you’re re-building. 

Mookie is definitely not a low ceiling guy. 

San Jose is also stronger at forward in their prospect pool than they are defensemen 

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m sure they wanted Holtz over Zetterlund. And if we were done with him , he woulda been apart of it 

They were never going to get holtz and Mookie. They were going to have to decide between those two. We were never going to overpay by that extent

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Which would say they still value him

Or that San Jose preferred mookie?

Also, not making the roster doesn't mean they don't value, it's a faulty premise from the start

Just now, Forge said:

Or that San Jose preferred mookie?

Also, not making the roster doesn't mean they don't value, it's a faulty premise from the start

If he doesn’t make the roster , I wouldn’t have any confidence in him ever being a guy that we’d want to play. He’d have trade value though

50 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If he doesn’t make the roster , I wouldn’t have any confidence in him ever being a guy that we’d want to play. He’d have trade value though

Yeah, if he doesn't make the team this year, I'd say he's probably worth a second round pick. There's a very good comp in Liass Andersson who was #7 overall as well in 2017. He couldn't make the rangers in his D+4 season and they traded him for a second. If you hold him longer, the value craters even worse (see olli juolevi as pick 5 in 2016). 

1993 - Niklas Sundstrom (8)
1998 - Manny Malholtra (7)
1999 - Pavel Brendl (4)
1999 - Jamie Lundmark (9)
2001 - Dan Blackburn (10)
2004 - Al Montoya (6)
2010 - Dylan McIlrath (10)
2017 - Lias Andersson (7)
2018 - Vitali Kravtsov (9)
2019 - Kaapo Kakko (2)
2020 - Alexis Lafreniere (1)

Rangers top 10 picks the last 30 years.