The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

10 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What do you think the odds of adding Hellubuyck as a rental and what kinda package would you offer The Jets just for him as a rental?

I don't think it's very likely. As the offseason wears on, the less likely it becomes. Maybe he gets moved at the deadline, but teams don't typically go shopping for starting goalies mid season. 

I think Winnipeg is also dealing with a dead market. As a rental, don't think he's going to cost much at all, a first and unimpressive prospect with some fodder maybe. I think that's one of the reasons he hasn't been moved yet. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think it's very likely. As the offseason wears on, the less likely it becomes. Maybe he gets moved at the deadline, but teams don't typically go shopping for starting goalies mid season. 

I think Winnipeg is also dealing with a dead market. As a rental, don't think he's going to cost much at all, a first and unimpressive prospect with some fodder maybe. I think that's one of the reasons he hasn't been moved yet. 

I think it would make more sense for them to wait til the deadline maybe a contender’s goalie gets hurt or something. 

On 7/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

Hard to take wheeler seriously where in the same redraft he has perfetti, byfield and laf going ahead of Mercer.

Wheeler most likely hasn't watched any of these guys much since their draft year. Not to give him crap about it.  You can't seriously evaluate 200+ prospects year in year out and legitimately follow up on previous years prospects. Just not doable. 

I'll worry about Holtz sticking in the NHL before trying to determine what kind of NHL player he can actually be. Devils have added some heavier footed players this offseason, so that may help him, though I assume ruff will have him back to 8 minutes a night and being a healthy scratch when he misses some of his off puck assignments