The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

8 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Marino a C+??? I’d give that contract to him every day 

Marino's model value is generally never going to be great because he's a defensive war guy. His model value has been higher in the past, but pure defensive guys don't get the love they deserve in general

1 hour ago, Forge said:

2 more assists for Lenni today against USA. 

Already feel better about this selection than I ever have about Chase Stillman LOL 

He's now up to 4 assists today

The funny thing is that he really does have the most bland skillset ever. 

UPDATE!

Favorite players to watch so far

1. Malkin 

2. Crosby

3. Kucherov

4. Barkov

5.   Dahlin

6. Thompson

Guys I'm lower on than most

1. Nylander

2. Aho

3. Point

Boston Bruins

Pasta- probably the most complete offensive player I’ve seen. Great shot, skating, hands and vision. One of the best players I’ve watched. 

Marchand-just got done watching Brad Marchand. I like s*** starters, but dude is a dirty MF’er. I love the passion though. He plays hard. Attacks and attacks, that I can appreciate. 

McAvoy- plays so much bigger than 6’1. Blocks a lot of shots, gives a lot of hits. Not the most dynamic offensive guy but very well rounded. Can shoot, attack the net and move the puck

Buffalo Sabres

T Thompson - one of my favorite goal scorers to watch. Incredible shot who can also score going to the net. He just seems to be a guy who knows where to be. I think he has very good hands which makes up for his lack of speed and elusiveness. I love how patient he is skating though. Uses his body well.

R Dahlin- watched him yesterday, wow was I impressed. What a talented dude. Real fun to watch. Incredible skating, facilitating, shooting. Tough defensively , Also very good in front of the net, who csn score dirty goals. Requires so much attention that he opens up a lot for teammates 

J Skinner- he and Tage are probably my favorite duo. They work so great with each other . Skinner is so fun to watch. Great stick and puck control, facilitator. Gets a lot of goals in front of the net. Fine shot .

A Tuch- good skater With great hands. Good in front of the net. Pretty good shot . 

O Power- big, strong, good skating defenseman . Excels at the point. Great vision. Patient, sees the game well. Buffalo has a great pair of defensemen 

C Mittelstadt- excellent skater with great hands. Passing the best part of his game. Battles on the boards and in front of the net. I bet he has a great year coming up .

Detroit Red Wings

D Larkin- plays really hard. Seems like a great captain to play for. Quick, good facilitator , like how he plays in front of the net 

L Raymond- Firey little b*****d! Quick skater with great hands and vision. Dynamic shot. Isn’t afraid to get in front of the net. I think he’s going to breakout this year 

M Seider

Florida Panthers

Tkachuk- absolutely lethal by the net. He scores with power, finesse and patience. Does a great job deflecting shots, being there for the rebound and making the right pass. Has a nice shot as well

Barkov- another guy I loved watching. Incredible stick and puck skills. Best I’ve seen so far. And I love his skating. For such a big guy, he really moves and has great control. 

Verhaege- very fine complementary piece. Descent shot, descent in cleanup and in transition . Reinhart- fine complementary piece . Benefits mightily from teammates. Pretty good shot. Good at being in front of the net

Montreal Canadians

N Suzuki- slick skater with great puck control. Excellent facilitator with a pretty good shot. I can see why he’s the captain there. He plays real hard, reminds me a bit of Nico with his tenacity. Really like watching him and Caufield. 

C Caulfield- big fan of him and players like him. But he’s very dependent on others to set him up. Would not want to give him 7.8 per

Ottawa Senators

T Stutzle- great offensive player. Good shot, great vision, sets his team up nicely . Plays hard on the boards and defensively . Not afraid to be in front of the net. Not the best puck handler or skater. Won’t create opportunities with his skating 

B Tkachuk- most complete power forward I’ve seen so far. Does great in front of the net tipping, passing and getting the rebound. Fine facilitator , battles hard for pucks, hustles incredibly hard which allows him to get behind the D. Strong emotional leader. Seems less of a prick than his brother. 

C Giroux- love the toughness. Very physical , can see why he was a good captain. Great hands, not the best skater but was a smart skater. I bet he would’ve been great with Jack. 

A Debrincat- love the small offensive player. Lethal shot, great in transition , good facilitator .  I think he would’ve been a great running mate with Jack. 

D Batherson- very good skater for a D man. Battles really hard . Good vision and a good playmaker. I can see why they paid him early. He’ll be good 

J Sanderson- great skater for a defenseman. Puts the puck to net, good passer. I love how he competes defensively. I think he’s going to be very good.

Tampa Bay Lightening

N Kucherov- reminds me of LeBron James. A smart, unselfish player whose best trait is his passing, but also could sink one when needed. Scores with a great shot and going to the net. Had a lot of fun watching him. Probably my favorite player to watch so far. 7/7

B Point- I think he’s a very good player. He’s an excellent skater with good hands. I think he’s the best in transition and in front of the net. I don’t believe he’s an alpha level. I think he benefits mightily from Kucherov amd Stamkos. Still very very good. S Stamkos

B Hagel- seems like the beneficiary of great players around him. Good clean up / fast break guy 

M Sergachev

V Hedman- Very good at everything. Great puck moving D-man both skating and vision. Not the most dynamic but very smart, hustles hard and is physical. Quick accurate shot. He and Kucherov is a great duo. 

Toronto Maple Leafs

A Matthews- just a great goal scorer. Absolute wicked shot. Gets to his spot well. Uses his body for dirty goals. Underrated playmaker. Idk if he’d be my first choice as a superstar but he is a great scorer.

M Marner- one of the most complete players I’ve watched. Great skater, good hands. Excellent playmaker. Makes his team better, hustles hard. Can score in front of the net, driving , or with a great shot 

W Nylander- eh I think he’s very good, do not not think he’s elite. I think he has an above average shot and he’s a pretty good facilitator. I think he benefits from elite talent around him. 

J Tavares- best hands I’ve seen so far. Incredible playmaker for himself and others. Real fun to watch. 

Carolina Hurricanes

S Aho- very fast skater who is great in transition. Has a good stick defensively to open up more opportunities. Fine facilitator. Gotta say, was expecting more from him. Jack imo is better by a bit 

M Necas- smart player who attacks the net. I was real impressed he Carolina generally works together. I think this kid is going to be real good.

A Svenchnikov- perfect player for them. Does everything well, tough kid, battles hard. 

Columbus Blue Jackets

J Gaudreau- not gonna lie, I really enjoyed watching him. I’m still happy he chose Columbus but I am now a fan. Excellent skater with great hands. Sets up his teammates well. Can take it to the net and score. He woulda been fun with us 

P Laine- sick shot. Absolutely lethal . Hopefully Holtz can be something like him. I also like his stick handling . He like does it in slow motion but has a ton of control 

B Jenner- tough player. Plays great in front of the net. Gets a lot of the dirty goals. Played real well with Gudreau

K Johnson- his Michigan film looked way different than the pros. Didn’t see the play making ability or the skating like in college . I think he has a real good shot. If he puts it all together he’ll be very good . 

New York Islanders

M Barzal- very fast skater who is great in transition. Plays real good in front of the net

New York Rangers

Nah

Pittsburgh Penguins

Crosby- the best player I’ve watched, easily. 8/21. Probably the best skater, quickest hands and the best facilitator. I can see why he’s one of the GOATs

Malkin- My new favorite non Devil 8/30. Big strong and skilled. Does everything well. Creative, great skater, vision, playmaker. Very good shot. Physical , takes it to the net and gets dirty goals. Very good defensively , just incredible .It must’ve been a great era to be a Pens fan 

Letang- really enjoyed watching him. Seems like a great all around defensemen. Smart, great shot, tough. 

Washington Capitals 

Ovechkin

Edited by Rainmaker90
  • Like 1