The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Now that I’d say it’s more likely that we don’t make a significant deal for a goalie, where do you guys stand with our goalie position now?

I know they wanted Schmid in the AHL but it doesn’t make much sense now, especially since Vitek could use more days off. 

No different than last year for me, tbh

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Now is not the time to make a movie for a goalie like that.

Vitek deserves one more shot and we need to see what we have in Schmid

They've already said they want Schmid in Utica, and the fact that he doesn't require waivers is a weapon to carry 3 NHL goalies. If the return for helle was lighter, it'd be done.

Beyond that, I'm guessing they don't want to pay anyone of comparable skill to come in. They either want something free, or an improvement. I'll be curious to see if they bring in halak on a pto. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

They've already said they want Schmid in Utica, and the fact that he doesn't require waivers is a weapon to carry 3 NHL goalies. If the return for helle was lighter, it'd be done.

Beyond that, I'm guessing they don't want to pay anyone of comparable skill to come in. They either want something free, or an improvement. I'll be curious to see if they bring in halak on a pto. 

I’m sure they do want him in the AHL if the circumstances broke their way. It doesn’t seem like that happened.