The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And it all started with Adam Larsson

I will say that I'm happy Larsson turned out to be a solid dman.  Rough to basically be known mostly in the context of being the butt of a joke on that trade

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I will say that I'm happy Larsson turned out to be a solid dman.  Rough to basically be known mostly in the context of being the butt of a joke on that trade

Same. We technically "won" the lottery to draft him too. Still, turning a top 4 RHD into what we did is just franchise altering stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mercer looked great tonight, especially considering the roster. 

By far the best Schmid has been all preseason 

Holtz tho. No idea what to think of him at this point. Seems like he's gonna need to be elevated by linemates because he just doesn't do the small stuff at all. He's Mike Hoffman. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Tyler Toffoli 

4 years, 5.5 Million. Yes or no?

No. At least not right now. Most of his career he's been a 50-55 point guy. Those types aren't all that difficult to find in the offseason and they likely wont be guys you're carrying ages 32-35. 

Bratt-Hughes-Toffoli
Meier-Hischier-Holtz
Palat-Haula-Mercer
Lazar/Nosek-McLeod-Bastian
Nosek/Lazar

Bahl-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Siegenthaler-Nemec
Smith-Miller

Schmid-Vanecek

I know that risks Foote to waivers but we're trying to win a Cup and Foote hasn't proven the job is his yet. I'm not worried about losing a 4th liner. Keep the guy that can do the job now. Make Lindy's job easier since he'll already be red in the head wanting to move Holtz and Nemec out of the lineup as soon as they make any type of mistake. Give him his no upside vets like Nosek to appease him. 

EDIT - Forgot about Lazar!

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. At least not right now. Most of his career he's been a 50-55 point guy. Those types aren't all that difficult to find in the offseason and they likely wont be guys you're carrying ages 32-35. 

Sure. I think he's going to severely eclipse that number with those two tho. He gets to 70 again, that number isn't going to be feasible. 

48 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

James Nichols really pushing for Hatakka to make the roster over Nemec lol

I was just about to post this. I was just scrolling through Twitter and saw all the hype from Nichols and was like, "da fuq?" 

I mean, that would be awesome if that worked out, but it's early and hatakka is a lefty

• Like 1