The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Smith is on the team for PK purposes and the ******* idiot just takes the dumbest penalties. Get him off my damn hockey team. 

Honestly, given how *** Bastian has been this year, I am largely okay with it. Hopefully they both sit if Nosek comes back

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That includes the disaster against San Jose, too. That's nice. 

Have to figure out something with Vitek. Not sure if they are looking to add to both Vitek and Akira, add to Vitek and move Akira down (I'm sure they'd love to maintain waiver eligibility next year for Akira, but we are getting close to beyond that point) or looking to replace Vitek as he is just a disaster. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

That includes the disaster against San Jose, too. That's nice. 

Have to figure out something with Vitek. Not sure if they are looking to add to both Vitek and Akira, add to Vitek and move Akira down (I'm sure they'd love to maintain waiver eligibility next year for Akira, but we are getting close to beyond that point) or looking to replace Vitek as he is just a disaster. 

If someone is getting replaced it’s gotta be Vitek. Makes no sense not to. They’re not punting the year .

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If someone is getting replaced it’s gotta be Vitek. Makes no sense not to. They’re not punting the year .

If they just add, it won't be about punting the year. It'll be about cycling through all three of them and trying to find a hot hand while maintaining Schmid's waiver eligibility for next year. If Vitek isn't moved, then they don't think that they are punting the year by continuing to roll him out there. 

After how long this team stuck with Blackwood, nobody should doubt the patience that Fitz may show with Vitek