The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

There was a hilarious post in HF by a Shark fan when a devils fan offered Holtz + 1st + Mookie for him and he said that the Sharks don't want a one dimensional prospect like Holtz or a prospect that will never come over to the US like Mookie. Nevermind just how off the wall bad that response is from an accuracy standpoint...I Don't care whether you like the prospects or not, if you think Meier is getting that kind of return, you're on crack. I can't wait to see that dude's reaction when Timo goes for like half of that offer. 

Fans are always ludicrous when talking trades. Just look at the Horvat stuff lol or any Maple Leafs offer ever.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What would your package be for him?

Holtz because they’re obviously not going to let him grow.

Severson 

And?

I'm not putting Severson in that package. He holds no value to the Sharks. 

I'd give the like a first plus maybe Gritsyuk and a third or something? 1st + Mookie + 3rd. etc. I think nobody matches a 1st + Holtz, so if they want to do that just to knock it out of the park, I'm not going to hate it. 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Fans are always ludicrous when talking trades. Just look at the Horvat stuff lol or any Maple Leafs offer ever.

The crazy part is we just saw a comparable trade with Debrincat. I mean, you can prefer Timo's style to the smaller Debrincat, but the latter is 3 years younger, you were getting him for 2 full years, and his qualifying offer was 1 million less. I don't know why anyone is thinking that Meier is crushing what Debrincat got in a trade. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The crazy part is we just saw a comparable trade with Debrincat. I mean, you can prefer Timo's style to the smaller Debrincat, but the latter is 3 years younger, you were getting him for 2 full years, and his qualifying offer was 1 million less. I don't know why anyone is thinking that Meier is crushing what Debrincat got in a trade. 

Yep and every insider has basically indicated that's the likely return.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not putting Severson in that package. He holds no value to the Sharks. 

I'd give the like a first plus maybe Gritsyuk and a third or something? 1st + Mookie + 3rd. etc. I think nobody matches a 1st + Holtz, so if they want to do that just to knock it out of the park, I'm not going to hate it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

FnLIFa9WYAAzkZL?format=png&name=large

Let's give him $5m AAV because he drives a line lmao. Never going to let DB live that down. 

I have to wonder if he's hurt again. Maybe the hip or something. He looked fine to start the year. He's been brutal for like two months now 

According to my sources, the Devils have gotten further along with quite an impressive offer....Sources tell me the Devils offer involves Holtz, Blackwood and a First Round Pick. The Devils would likely get James Reimer in the deal as well...

We gave it a good run....Timo almost certainly will not be a devil now if Eklund is saying this lol 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't put a ton of stock in these type of things, but I want to feel alive and believe, damn it! 

Sharks fans do put a little stock in apparently. We are done playing San Jose, and they don't play Vegas for another month.  Burke generally does scouting in the Northeast, but he's not prepping for upcoming opponents