The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We know that's not happening lol. 

I do expect him to get moved into an "executive" position next year. I'm pretty sure that his contract is up. I think this was his last year no matter what.

I know. I'm just speaking in general here lol. If you trade for someone and he doesn't play them, I'd have a very long conversation about wtf his plan is.

Like, if we traded for Luke Schenn with the intention of getting Smith the hell off the ice and he played Smith anyway, I'd punch him in the testies.

We're not going to trade for a dman because Hughes is going to be up with the big club for the stretch run but just an example.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I know. I'm just speaking in general here lol. If you trade for someone and he doesn't play them, I'd have a very long conversation about wtf his plan is.

Like, if we traded for Luke Schenn with the intention of getting Smith the hell off the ice and he played Smith anyway, I'd punch him in the testies.

We're not going to trade for a dman because Hughes is going to be up with the big club for the stretch run but just an example.

I'm really just hoping we can depend on him to split time between Luke and Smith. Would be a huge win lol

Just now, Forge said:

I'm really just hoping we can depend on him to split time between Luke and Smith. Would be a huge win lol

lol you already know that Luke's going to make some rookie mistake and Smith's going immediately in the lineup next game despite making the same rookie mistake half the year.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know if I want him at that rate.

Tough spot. I don't think that they can afford not to give it to him, but at this juncture I'm not sure why Bratt doesn't pull a parise and just go to market with only a year left on his deal. The biggest difference is the 8th year possibility so we can lower the cap hit based on that just a bit .

Just now, Forge said:

Tough spot. I don't think that they can afford not to give it to him, but at this juncture I'm not sure why Bratt doesn't pull a parise and just go to market with only a year left on his deal. The biggest difference is the 8th year possibility so we can lower the cap hit based on that just a bit .

I think I'd still offer him less than Jack but front load the deal so he makes more money now. Like offer him $10 Million in cash value year one and see if that changes his mind.

I think I'd still offer him less than Jack but front load the deal so he makes more money now. Like offer him $10 Million in cash value year one and see if that changes his mind.

I was really hoping the problem was term (like he only wanted a 4-5 year deal to hit the market against at 29). 

I get why he may want something like 9 or more at this point. I really can't argue if he points to Matt Barzal's deal and says I deserve what he's getting. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was really hoping the problem was term (like he only wanted a 4-5 year deal to hit the market against at 29). 

I get why he may want something like 9 or more at this point. I really can't argue if he points to Matt Barzal's deal and says I deserve what he's getting. 

GDI, Lou screwing us over one last time with that stupid deal lol. Barzal isn't worth $9 Million.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

GDI, Lou screwing us over one last time with that stupid deal lol. Barzal isn't worth $9 Million.

He really would be. 

At this juncture Bratt is also considered one of the better defensive wingers in the game too. He's a two way, PPG player on the wing.