The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd like to see Boq get back in the lineup.

I wish he were more offensively inclined. Good back checker, defensively responsible, but he's somehow managed to be worse offensively than the guys we need to replace right now. 

Just now, Forge said:

I wish he were more offensively inclined. Good back checker, defensively responsible, but he's somehow managed to be worse offensively than the guys we need to replace right now. 

We could use some defensive responsibility right now...

Just now, Forge said:

We could also desperately use some offense from the bottom 6 

I mean, we're the team that built that bottom 6 with no skill players. Mercer isn't going to drive a line and he's more of a secondary scorer than a primary. The other options aren't going to do it. The only way we get production from the bottom 6 is if we trade for it.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Agreed. 

I think Rico would take a first + mookie level prospect

They can have it if they retain. If we can get him by just fitting in Johnsson's contract along with a B level ELC contract and a 1, I'm all for it. I am not, however, paying for him at nearly $6 Million AAV.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Andreas Athanasiou
Ivan Barbashev
Nic Bjugstad
Max Domi

That's really it for any type of potential scoring bottom 6 rentals and I'm sure Domi wouldn't love playing on the 3rd line.

I hate that I could be interested in domi lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They can have it if they retain. If we can get him by just fitting in Johnsson's contract along with a B level ELC contract and a 1, I'm all for it. I am not, however, paying for him at nearly $6 Million AAV.

I'd be curious if they'd retain. You don't see multi year retains too often. 

But weirdly...I don't know that I've even heard any rumors that they are shopping him

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be curious if they'd retain. You don't see multi year retains too often. 

But weirdly...I don't know that I've even heard any rumors that they are shopping him

They'd need to IMO. I don't think anyone is trading for him at a $5.825 Million hit right now unless they're taking a bad contract back. For us, it's Johnsson's under $3 Million so we're not going to piece together a package to cover the other half with anyone meaningful from the roster IMO. I'm not adding Sharangovich to that deal and we wouldn't have the balls to use Wood as filler.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1