The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They'd need to IMO. I don't think anyone is trading for him at a $5.825 Million hit right now unless they're taking a bad contract back. For us, it's Johnsson's under $3 Million so we're not going to piece together a package to cover the other half with anyone meaningful from the roster IMO. I'm not adding Sharangovich to that deal and we wouldn't have the balls to use Wood as filler.

Agreed. This is the perfect time for them to cash out on Rico. Shouldn't even be a question for them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I finished the game this morning , what a sloppy game. Dougie was awful. 

Is it ‘bad’ that we’re winning a lot of games coming from behind / OT games? Like The Vikings this year in football, where everyone knew they were fraudulent and it was unsustainable. 

Good teams do make comebacks, so that on it's own isn't overly concerning. Carolina is also very high on the most comebacks list. 

That said, they just aren't playing all that great right now all things considered. Haven't for a few weeks despite the record. I don't like so many wins coming from OT because it's so different in the regular season compared to the playoffs. 

Corey Pronman did a rankings of prospect / assets (including draft picks) as trade chips. Interestingly, he had Mookie rated higher than  Holtz. 

Mookie #5, Holtz #7. I think he's doing the rankings based on the likelihood that they get moved, so seems like he thinks that Mookie is getting moved before Holtz. 

He has our first round pick at 11, Nolan Foote at #13, Gritsyuk at #16

Bahl, Casey, Daws / Schmid are honorable mentions

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Good teams do make comebacks, so that on it's own isn't overly concerning. Carolina is also very high on the most comebacks list. 

That said, they just aren't playing all that great right now all things considered. Haven't for a few weeks despite the record. I don't like so many wins coming from OT because it's so different in the regular season compared to the playoffs. 

I agree. The offense is largely been carried by Jack and sometimes Dougie. The defense has been very bad

54 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

why !

Whelp

This would kill any pre trade deadline moves for me right now. We have 9 games, I believe, between now and march 1 which is roughly 3 weeks from now. 

I'd let this run it's course and see what happens. If we fall out of the race, I may be more inclined to switch from buyers to sellers given the rental assets we have. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wtf happened

Hard to say. I'm not ruling out the all star game, but he looked fine against Vancouver. At the same time, I didn't see him hurt himself or take any big hits in the Vancouver game. 

But week to week is never good.