NFL Scheduling

Captain Relax

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

It's likely because neither of those teams draw the ratings that the Packers do.  It's rather ridiculous to put Packers-Lions on SNF when the Lions' fate will likely already be known prior to kickoff.  

Probably true regarding the ratings, however, as a football fan, I'd like to think that the #4 seed win-and-in game is more interesting than the #7 seed game. Huge miss by the NFL IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Probably true regarding the ratings, however, as a football fan, I'd like to think that the #4 seed win-and-in game is more interesting than the #7 seed game. Huge miss by the NFL IMO.

You would think...but it appears that that thinking has changed this year, for whatever reason.  I think it really did mean something in previous years, but apparently ratings are now a bigger factor, especially in justifying the media deals.  

5 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

When will we know if we're playing the Jan 14 or 15?

It's generally I think before the Sunday night game, because by that point they'll know most of the matchups by then, outside of the Packers situation.  

Edited by swede700