3rd or 4th and ONE freaking yard.

TheGreeK1973

I posted this also in the ES forum, seriously if we could do the obvious, pick up one damn yard on 3rd or 4th down consistently this season we probably are either 7-4 or 8-3.  Remember the first Eagles game?  Only real reason we lost IMO.  For sure we lost the Saints game 100% and just about the same with KC.  it blows the mind that this offense can't consistently pick up short yardage in the middle of the field mind you not goal line stand where you could say the D has an advantage of a short field.  And we are the best play action team to boot in the NFL.  Just crazy

13 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Except they were pretty good at times last night.

Yeah, not my point. I said at the point of attack. Meaning, 3rd or 4th and 1 up the middle. Of course, I do think Perine has found his groove and will help alleviate some of our short yardage problems.

5 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I posted this also in the ES forum, seriously if we could do the obvious, pick up one damn yard on 3rd or 4th down consistently this season we probably are either 7-4 or 8-3.  Remember the first Eagles game?  Only real reason we lost IMO.  For sure we lost the Saints game 100% and just about the same with KC.  it blows the mind that this offense can't consistently pick up short yardage in the middle of the field mind you not goal line stand where you could say the D has an advantage of a short field.  And we are the best play action team to boot in the NFL.  Just crazy

Hate thinking about this though. Last year I kept thinking(at the time) this Cincy loss/tie(in London) is going to come back and bite us in the rear. The same feeling I get with the Saints L and the Chiefs L.

5 hours ago, MosEisley said:

Hate thinking about this though. Last year I kept thinking(at the time) this Cincy loss/tie(in London) is going to come back and bite us in the rear. The same feeling I get with the Saints L and the Chiefs L.

I think the only way it bites us in the rear is if the Front Office or Kirk decide they don’t want to marry each other in February or March.

If we miss the playoffs with this extremely young team but get a higher draft pick again it certainly isn’t the end of the world as long as Cousins ins re-signed. It means we will have hopefully gotten a more talented player out of just missing the playoffs.

Archived