The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Henry is primed for hard regression. The only way you make the move is if 
1. The Titans eat most of the Salary
AND 
2. You're confident we can make it back to the Super Bowl. Even then a 3rd is a bit steep. A 4th I'm on board for.

I watched him all last season and the season prior. Big fan of his and I get his age and carries. I do not think that fall is coming next year. He's just that different kind of player that I feel tend to player longer then the expected "age". I believe he has at least a couple more years minimum. 

I'd consider a 3rd if they ate majority of the salary. Way happier if it's a 4th. 

Do I think we have a shot at the SB this year.. Yes but would increase those odds with Henry. That alone is worth it for me. 

Say we gave up a 3rd. Everyone cries now. If we win the SB everyone shuts up. If we don't they get to be right. Im willing to swing

I love Henry.  But he’s not a fit in this offense. Remember the criticism of Demarco Murray not being a fit in a read offense because he wasn’t able to go down hill before he got the hand off?  Would be the same for Henry. Just starting to run once he gets the ball is not a good thing for a big back.  He’d have to be behind the QB and we don’t put Jalen under center very often.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I love Henry.  But he’s not a fit in this offense. Remember the criticism of Demarco Murray not being a fit in a read offense because he wasn’t able to go down hill before he got the hand off?  Would be the same for Henry. Just starting to run once he gets the ball is not a good thing for a big back.  He’d have to be behind the QB and we don’t put Jalen under center very often.   

Murray and Henry should never be in the same sentence. Henry isn't happening but I wouldn't act like I know for a fact that he would or wouldn't work out in our system. 

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is a downhill runner behind a fullback.

Not necessarily behind a fullback, he doesn’t need it.   But he’s not a standing still offset gun style RB.  That’s just not who he is.  But hey, let’s fit a square peg in a round hole, surely it’ll work.  

8 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah like 4x a game lol. 

I watch all of Henry's games. He's one my absolute favs. He doesn't need a FB. That's friggin funny af

4 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Not necessarily behind a fullback, he doesn’t need it.   But he’s not a standing still offset gun style RB.  That’s just not who he is.  But hey, let’s fit a square peg in a round hole, surely it’ll work.  

See my post yesterday 

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

The only issue I see with Henry, he is used to running the ball with the QB under center the majority of the time.

Titans were 4th in total plays ran with the QB under center, and 7th in running plays with the QB under center.

They were also 4th in the NFL for plays with a FB, 67%.

I think it would be Demarco Murray 2.0 putting him in our offense.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

See my post yesterday 

Their FB was cut last year.  He rarely even played(think like 9 games). Not really sure where that info was found. Maybe their counting TEs pulling as a FB block? Every team does stuff like that tho. 

I know they're just highlights but I watched 10 mins of it and only seen 1 fb play. Maybe I missed a second. Maybe all his crap runs had a FB ? Because the highlights show almost none. 

Lastly I don't think he's coming here but I'm not gonna write the King off. That's just foolish

38 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Instead of explaining you decide to be a troll got it. Was it a joke? Do you just have no idea what you're talking about? 

Why are you so argumentative?  Trolling?   Yeesh man.  You’re an angry guy.  

His value is running downhill, not standing still in the gun.  But go ahead with a personal attack or name calling.  It’s a good look.   

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan

25 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Why are you so argumentative?  Trolling?   Yeesh man.  You’re an angry guy.  

His value is running downhill, not standing still in the gun.  But go ahead with a personal attack or name calling.  It’s a good look.   

All I asked was for you to explain yourself instead of the dumb over your head stuff. Reading on a forum you can't tell if someone's sarcastic, being funny , trolling or anything really without key things like a lol, all caps , ! , ? And many more. 

You guys can't let things you go lol. I've moved on from that bs weeks ago yet here you are still bringing it up. I'm not the problem here