Rams and LB Bobby Wagner parting ways

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

so I guess Zeke will be gone then? How do they afford Zeke, Pollard and Wagner?  By the time teams sign key players, I have no idea where everyone is at with the cap. Spotrac has that , but by the time teams trade and cut players it will be quite different.  This is quite  an offseason already though, all these big names either talked about in trades  or released/to be released. 

Zeke already said he’d take a pay cut. If its not a big one, I’d cut him. Tyron Smith could be gone too. Wagner makes a ton of sense.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

what do the people here expect Wagner to get for a new deal, duration and amount?

2y/12.5 to 15 per year I'd think

Roquan got 20 and Leonard and Warner are just under 20. If Lavonte David resigns with Tampa or something before the market opens for old very good LB maybe I could see that impacting. I think age + limiting to competing teams he's not going to get 16-20. I think if he wanted just to collect most money for a year he might get that 16-20, but a team looking to compete probably isn't doing that. Low end would be like 8 and change I'd think and that'd be a "I want to play here" sweetheart deal.

@Trojan

I was thinking in the 10M range seeing that he is 1 year older and then keep up with the nice inflation we have.  He had 5/50 , just get something similar per year, but duration will be less if he wants to make sure he is on a winner. 

Steelers better sign him B|

do you expect Wagner to sign early or will he wait it out and then pick the best team after the draft and most of UFA signings are completed? This would allow him to decide in more detail which teams are the ones that have the best chance to win. 

Edited by 3rivers