John Fox is still employed

G08

Just now, WindyCity said:

That does not mean you can be hot garbage in free agency. If that is the case do not sign anyone and sign UDFA. If you are going to invest in free  agency, which he has done every year, stop being trash at it.

How much time does he get? 

More than 3 years to gut an old and dated roster built for different coaches and replenish it via the draft. Look what he's done with 3 drafts Windy, THREE! It's impressive. Why should be blow his load on players he doesn't deem worthy of those expensive contracts? Because you want him to?

Yeah, it sucks he's missed in FA, but I'm glad he missed in such a way that it hasn't hurt us AT ALL in our cap. We'll be flush with 80+ million if he makes the cuts I'm anticipating.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Here is one of my favorite quotes from last offseason

"So we are never going to be in this position again." -- Ryan Pace, January 4, 2017.

Words are meaningless seconds after they are said. They say what people want to hear or what they think in a perfect world.

Technically he's right... we aren't at pick #3 ;)

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

More than 3 years to gut an old and dated roster built for different coaches and replenish it via the draft. Look what he's done with 3 drafts Windy, THREE! It's impressive. Why should be blow his load on players he doesn't deem worthy of those expensive contracts? Because you want him to?

Yeah, it sucks he's missed in FA, but I'm glad he missed in such a way that it hasn't hurt us AT ALL in our cap. We'll be flush with 80+ million if he makes the cuts I'm anticipating.

This rebuild has been slowed by his poor performance in free agency that is a fact.

I do not need him to sign big flashy players. I want him to sign players who do not suck. I do not think that standard is too high for an NFL GM.

Building through the draft is not an excuse for your pro personnel department to be bad.

Markus Wheaton

Tedd Ginn

Jeremy Maclin

Torrey Smith

Marquise Goodwin

All those players got the same or less money than Markus Wheaton, all have been much more productive. At the price point you signed the worst player of the group. That is a pro personnel scouting issue and it is not really something that should be forgiven because we "focus on the draft".

Marcus Cooper 

Brandon Carr

Morris Claiborne

Kayvon Webster

All these players got less money than Marcus Cooper and have been way better than Marcus Cooper. Again you spend money at a position and signed the worst player in the group. That is a problem.

This team would be much better with any of these guys playing in the slot of competing with Fuller and Prince.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Marcus Cooper 

Brandon Carr

Morris Claiborne

Kayvon Webster

All these players got less money than Marcus Cooper and have been way better than Marcus Cooper. Again you spend money at a position and signed the worst player in the group. That is a problem.

This team would be much better with any of these guys playing in the slot of competing with Fuller and Prince.

I'll argue this lit a fire under Kyle Fuller's ***. We can cut him for $1 million in dead money.

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'll argue this lit a fire under Kyle Fuller's ***. We can cut him for $1 million in dead money.

You know you are defending some pretty awful moves?

Wheaton has been healthy for weeks and benched in favor of playing JOSH BELLAMY.

I am not sure why we need to defend the bad moves of a GM that is in the process of 36 loses in 3 years. He is part of those 36 loses and bad personnel moves have contributed to it.

Just now, WindyCity said:

You know you are defending some pretty awful moves?

Wheaton has been healthy for weeks and benched in favor of playing JOSH BELLAMY.

I am not sure why we need to defend the bad moves of a GM that is in the process of 36 loses in 3 years. He is part of those 36 loses and bad personnel moves have contributed to it.

Not trying to really defend anything, just offering an alternative perspective to the negative vibes you're spitting on here lol

There are certain facts that we really cannot argue about Ryan Pace

1. Hiring John Fox was a disaster

2. He has not been very good in free agency

3. His drafts have been good and appear to be getting better

I will not argue that his drafts have not been solid-good, but we need to stop pretending that his free agency spending has not been concerning. 

I think Pace uses FA to bring guys into his building to see if they fit his culture and if they produce in this system. If they do, they get paid (see: Hicks, Akiem). If they don't, they get bounced (see: Glennon, Mike).

I have no problem with that. Would I rather him hit? Of course! But he's also not putting us in cap hell by blowing his load on signing these players. For a rebuilding team I have zero problem with that.

Just now, G08 said:

Not trying to really defend anything, just offering an alternative perspective to the negative vibes you're spitting on here lol

It is not negativity, it is an honest assessment of where Ryan Pace is al.

His free agency moves have been generally poor and have slowed down the rebuild. 

His drafts have been solid-good, but have not yet yielded enough impact players.

Archived