Proposed Rules Changes at NFL Owners Meeting

Thaiphoon

Not sure if you guys saw these or not. Hopefully the NFL gets around to my suggestion I made a few years ago (gotta find it here, I made it very detailed) to have a QB-only slot also on the Practice Squad. Such a QB would be protected a little more than the other players from being poached by other teams, but could provide the team the ability to have a developmental QB that is familiar with the system if need be. And could dress and be the "4th QB" if the first 3 go down in a game (which has happened).  

Third-quarterback rule: Teams would be allowed to carry 47 active players on game day, but the extra player would have to be a quarterback. Currently, teams are allowed to dress 46 players. The NFL used to allow teams to carry an emergency third quarterback on game day, but the league scrapped that rule in 2011. The rule came up again after the 49ers ran out of quarterbacks in their NFC title game loss to the Eagles

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rule-change-proposals-full-list-of-rule-changes-proposed-by-teams-that-could-be-approved-for-2023-season/#:~:text=Third-quarterback rule%3A Teams would,scrapped that rule in 2011.

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not sure if you guys saw these or not. Hopefully the NFL gets around to my suggestion I made a few years ago (gotta find it here, I made it very detailed) to have a QB-only slot also on the Practice Squad. Such a QB would be protected a little more than the other players from being poached by other teams, but could provide the team the ability to have a developmental QB that is familiar with the system if need be. And could dress and be the "4th QB" if the first 3 go down in a game (which has happened).  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rule-change-proposals-full-list-of-rule-changes-proposed-by-teams-that-could-be-approved-for-2023-season/#:~:text=Third-quarterback rule%3A Teams would,scrapped that rule in 2011.

The QB rule is a no brainer. Yes, allow it. I don't think I like the 4th and 15 rule in lieu of the on side kick . Tweak the kick some other way to make it a bit easier to recover. Maybe declare an on side kick and force the receiving team back another 5 yards. Kick still has to go a min of 10 yards before it can be touched by the kicking team .

AND Dammm I'm old . I remember and loved Johnny O that played for the Redskins and wore ZERO for his last name. His name was Olszewski . Ended life as a bartender . Bet he had some stories for the patrons. Yes, allow the Zero Number !

Redskins by the (Jersey) Numbers: #0 - Johnny Olszewski - Hogs Haven

• Like 1