Fatt Lipp's Mock v2.0

fattlipp

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

All kidding aside, I like the thought to this mock, but....

One of the tentpoles of this draft is the RB room.  Seems to me like we are trying to fix a past mistake, which is drafting Dillon while giving Jones the large deal that we just keep kicking down the road.

I guess I see GB as an organization that doesn't admit mistakes too often.  (I say too often because of the Rodgers situation now)  Not giving Dillon a second deal, or trading him while drafting a RB would be an admission of a mistake.

So I don't think this is very likely.

AJ Dillon has been far from a bust. He's not what everybody assumes a second round RB will produce. I agree no second contract, but he's been a productive player given his opportunities. He's behind a real talent in Jones so that is going to make him look like a bad pick simply because he was a 2nd rounder. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

AJ Dillon has been far from a bust. He's not what everybody assumes a second round RB will produce. I agree no second contract, but he's been a productive player given his opportunities. He's behind a real talent in Jones so that is going to make him look like a bad pick simply because he was a 2nd rounder. 

If he isn't a bust, he's certainly underwhelmed as a second round RB.  And last year he seemed to regress.

Again, in this draft scenario, it is admitting that mistake and then rectifying it with a better RB.  I don't believe we will do that.  If it were to happen?  Not a needle mover for me.

I compare it to saying I want to keep Michael Bush or Brandon Jacobs and we have an older Tiki Barber, so I will pass on Adrian Petersen with better pass catching ability.  Also, I’m not cutting Dillon, I’m using him for ammo to get Gabriel Davis.   Dillon would be great on the Bills, and allow Allen to not take such a beating in the red zone, and they have Cook for between the 20s.

Edited by fattlipp

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Appreciate your effort and love the trading down as I think the value in this draft is end of round 1 through mid-round 2. It's still early in the process but some of your picks are wishful thinking to get them where they are slotted but we shall see.

I'm a no on Bijon Robinson anywhere in round 1. Many others disagree with me and I'm OK with that. It's the position most prone to injury and RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL with a good o-line and good run game scheme. The Packers seem to have both of those things. 

Yeah , I used PFF simulator, I’m sure Simpson and Carter won’t be there, but they were in this sim.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 7:14 PM, fattlipp said:

The Era of Love -  3rd HoF QB in a row

Trade # 1

Aaron Rodgers

for

Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Jeremy Ruckert, 2023 2nd 2(43), 2024 2nd, and 2025 Conditional 3rd if Rodgers plays in 2024.

Trade # 2 - During Draft, right after we draft Bijan

AJ Dillon and our 3rd 3(78)

for

Gabriel Davis and the Bill 5th 5(137)

Tampa Bay signs Josh Nijman, we get their 2nd 2(50)

Free Agents:

Nixon, Hollins, Ford, and hopefully Reed if comes back for similar deal as last year. Maybe Calais Campbell or Nasir Adderly if we have the cap soace.

Draft: Using PFF Simulator for Availability

1(15) Trade down with Steelers for 1(17) and 3(80)

1(17) Trade down with Chargers for 1(21) and 3(85)

1(21) RB Texas Bijan Robinson – Best back since Barkley, but a much better receiver.  Together with Jones and Carter…gives us the best backfield in the league.

2(43) TE Oregon State Luke Musgrave – Probably the best receiving TE in the draft.  Ruckert can fill the blocking role. Loves security blanket.

2(45) DE/OLB Northwestern Adetomiwa Adebawore – Fits the Lamar Woodley, Brandon Graham type role that the Packers love at OLB.

2(50) CB Maryland Deonte Banks – Keep our secondary elite. Allows Rasaul to move to S if needed.

3(80) S Florida State Jamie Robinson - The center fielder we need if Savage falters. Could start in year one.

3(85) LB Clemson Trenton Simpson – The perfect nickel LB, an elite option at LB.

4(116) DE/OLB Army Andre Carter II - He fell to this spot, so I ran the card up.

5(137) WR Princeton Andrei Iosivas – Watson clone, can be great STer.

5(149) HB/RS/WR Deuce Vaughn – Our new gadget guy, can replace Nixon in 2024 as RS.

5(170) S Minnesota Jordan Howden – More safety depth

7(232) DE Wisconsin Isaiah Mullens – DE Depth

7(235) K Michigan Jake Moody – New kicker for next 10 years

7(242) QB Georgia Stetson Bennett – New backup to Jordan Love.

7(256) P Michigan State Bryce Baringer - New punter for next 10 years.

Depth Chart

Offense

QB: Love, Bennett, Etling

RB: Robinson, Jones, Carter, Vaughn

WR: Watson, Davis, Moore, Doubs, Iosivas, Toure, Melton

TE: Musgrave, Ruckert, Deguara

OT: Bakhtiari, Tom, Walker, Jones

G: Jenkins, Runyan, Newman, Rhyan

C:: Myers, Hanson

Defense:

DE: Reed, Wyatt, Slayton, Mullens

DT: Clark, Slaton