Re-Drafting History, Hindsight Game.

gopherwrestler

33 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

In hindsight I think Rhodes at 1.23, Hopkins at 1.25, and Frederick at 1.29 would've been the play. Figure out where to slot Frederick in on that OL or even go with Ogletree.

That draft was so much fun to watch having three 1sts. I remember how excited I was when the Colts picked Bjorn Werner knowing Rhodes would be available with our next pick and we took him! Probably one of my favorite draft memories.

Shariff was a top 5 player in the draft, so there's no way I would have made a different decision.  It's unfortunate because he was really starting to come on before the injury and then botched surgery.  I recall Frederick being a huge surprise because I think most had him going in the late 2nd, maybe even 3rd round. 

Just now, swede700 said:

Shariff was a top 5 player in the draft, so there's no way I would have made a different decision.  It's unfortunate because he was really starting to come on before the injury and then botched surgery. I recall Frederick being a huge surprise because I think most had him going in the late 2nd, maybe even 3rd round. 

This is why it is called a hindsight exercise no?

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

True.  But, even in hindsight I'm not sure I would made a different decision, outside of potentially not trading up to get Cordarrelle.

That's fine. Without the trade up I still think a Rhodes/Hopkins combo would be the play given hindsight. Of course, both players probably go much higher.

• Like 1