Ted Lasso (Apple TV)

Tetsujin

22 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

How they worked “Hey Jude” into the episode was pretty good writing.

The rest of the episode was bad.

How they decided to make Roy into a jealous creep, after they had very minimal scenes with Keely outside of the first episode.

Tearing down Keely after building her up the whole season was a bad decision. At least give her a signature positive work situation before the scandal.

Nate’s relationship with the waitress is weird, and a poor way to build it. Maybe if they actually interacted a little it would be more believable.

At least the Jamie arc is going well.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:15 PM, Acgott said:

At least the Jamie arc is going well.

It is. He's been great, especially when they throw in old Jamie moments.

Honestly, the most disappointing thing to me this last episode was how long McAdoo's come around took. Seemed overkill when (I think) we all knew it was just because he was mad he wasn't told. I thought maybe it was going to be something deeper.

The Broncos story was pretty good I thought with it 🤣

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Episode 10 was interesting 

I thought it was the season finale with how they wrapped things. I was going to be like, where’s Ted? I really hate that Nate quitting and Rupert firing his assistant was off camera.

21 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I thought it was the season finale with how they wrapped things. I was going to be like, where’s Ted? I really hate that Nate quitting and Rupert firing his assistant was off camera.

Yeah, Nate was a shock right off the bat.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I had low hopes after season 2, but this one has been great. 

I think you're in the minority on that opinion.

I loved 1 & 2, and merely like Season 3. This show has so many good supporting characters, it had to go an hour to get lots of the characters in and seems a little more meandering than focused this season. It's still better than most things on TV.

10 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I loved 1 & 2, and merely like Season 3. This show has so many good supporting characters, it had to go an hour to get lots of the characters in and seems a little more meandering than focused this season. It's still better than most things on TV.

That's why I rarely read other people's opinions on the media I consume. Plus it keeps me away from spoilers. I've personally liked Season 3 way better than Season 2. But, to each their own. 

This is how I feel. The last couple episodes have been better though. It’s funny, the less that they talk about or show soccer the better (as a fan of soccer at least). There’s no way a mid table club who tried to all of a sudden play “total football” in the middle of a season would succeed in the premier league against big clubs. 

I like the show still, I just wish it was more like the first two seasons in a more centralized location, but obviously they can’t with how the characters have developed. Season 1 just might be my favorite season of any TV show ever, though.

Agreed. Season 3 has definitely been the lowest of the three. Still good, but the move to hour episodes, less jokes, and unclear paths for characters has been a little hollow. This season has felt a lot different.