Jameson Williams Fallout--Possible Veteran WR Trade?

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

It's pretty much good business at this point to draft a receiver every year. You need five of them (at least) and we are really lacking on the depth chart. All of the sudden if ARSB gets hurt it's an absolute mess. Reynolds and Jones and Raymond are fine as your 3/4/5, but once you start sliding those guys up the depth chart it's a bit messy. If you want to keep Goff playing like he was then he needs weapons. 

I'd look at drafting a guy on Day 2. It's not a particularly good class for receivers, especially if you want a bigger guy, but there is some talent to be found there. Even with Jamo WR was probably still a bit of a need - Jones and Reynolds are old and I believe are both just here for one more year, and Raymond just isn't anything special. 

I'm in agreement with you. Anyone that we take is likely going to be WR3 at best and likely battling for WR4 at the start of the year. 

I don't think this drastically changes our draft strategy other than maybe adding another 6th or 7th round pick and drafting a speed guy for locker room flexibility. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Someone Id like us to kick the tires on is Terry McLaurin. Washington is in a transition with new ownership and they have Samuel and Dotson. TM is reasonably cap friendly this year ($5M) but it'd jump to $13M next year. He's a proven guy and is someone that could stick around for the next few years. 

I don’t think it’s called kicking the tires on a 28 year old who was 10th in yards last year.  He isn’t a late career stumbling WR, he is a relatively young top 15 WR on a good contract especially given what the top guys got last offseason.  And he did it with nothing at QB.  He will likely be expensive pick wise  but I’d be all for having him if he is traded for a decent price but I don’t think he is where Washington will start their rebuild.