Mock Draft - PFN simulator

Old Guy

I normally do not post mock drafts and definitely do not take time to put one together like many here do. The details some of you go to is impressive. I enjoy reading them though. I did this simulator mock on PNF. I love to trade down and know there isn't a chance in hell this is close to any reality, but here it is. 

30. Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

42. Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

45. Adetomiwa Adebawore EDGE Northwestern

49. Darnell Washington TE Georgia

62. Derick Hall EDGE Auburn

78. Jordan Battle S Alabama

94. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss

116. Owen Pappoe LB Auburn

149.  Tyjae Spears RB Tulane

207. Payne Durham TE Purdue

232. Jake Haener QB Fresno State

235. Christian Izien S Rutgers - safety ran a 4.41 at his pro-day, what the heck. Maybe he can play special teams. 

242. Jake Moody K Michigan - I didn't want to take this guy because of his glasses, but I know he's a pretty good kicker. 

256. Cory Durden DT NC State - I have no idea who this dude is or if he can even play dead. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Who was there at #13 when you traded?  I do like your draft haul, for sure, but I'm curious if you remember if JSN or LVN was there for the taking.

I actually think they both may have been there, but I went into it knowing I was trading down if there were decent offers. I wanted to see what I could still get if I traded down a few times or more. 

In hindsight I wish I could have snagged another interior offensive lineman in round 4 or 5 but I liked the two guys I got. Even though Pappoe has a very high bust factor. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I actually think they both may have been there, but I went into it knowing I was trading down if there were decent offers. I wanted to see what I could still get if I traded down a few times or more. 

In hindsight I wish I could have snagged another interior offensive lineman in round 4 or 5 but I liked the two guys I got. Even though Pappoe has a very high bust factor. 

Not that it matters much, but when I run the PFF simulator, Tyree Wilson is there almost every time right now.  JSN is not.  LVN is like #28 on their big board.  

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Not that it matters much, but when I run the PFF simulator, Tyree Wilson is there almost every time right now.  JSN is not.  LVN is like #28 on their big board.  

That is the problem with simulators. There are always some glaring mistakes. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

That is the problem with simulators. There are always some glaring mistakes. 

...those all just changed like 2-3 days ago, though.  LVN dropped big time.  Kincaid went up big time.  And Wilson is lower on their board, but his overall drafted position is still top 7.  It's really odd.  Probably just a glitch in the matrix.

Usually I don't trade down in the simulators, because kind of like Madden, you can trick the computer.  The other day I traded down incrementally in the first and had like 4 seconds, 4 thirds, and 12 between the 6th and 7th.  

I also found one, that I can't remember, that wasn't at all randomized, and the teams just picked the top rated player left on the board.  The only ones out of order were the ones that I took.  I didn't notice until the Patriots kept taking WRs that I wanted right in front of me.  And I was like, "damn, 4 times?"  LOL.

I like the haul.  Did dropping to 30 get another second?  I really like the three second round picks, but that seems like quite the drop to me.