Pick 49 Keeanu Benton

warfelg

2 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

He was injured as well if I recall. He was an absolute stud. Many forget that the Steelers chose to keep Tuitt over Hargreaves. I think it was the right call at the time. 

Hargrave is more for 1 gap penetrator scheme, Tuitt was great 2 gap 5 tech. Still hope they get a call from Tuitt and he says  he's looking for a job

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Hargrave is more for 1 gap penetrator scheme, Tuitt was great 2 gap 5 tech. Still hope they get a call from Tuitt and he says  he's looking for a job

Yes. I think a healthy Tuitt afforded the defense more flexibility along the DL both inside and out to an extent. I think Tuitt was also much stronger in the run defense than Hargraves.  That has always been my knock on him because he is quicker and a penetrator. That is how the NFL is trending and the ole' school pure thumpers are fading away. Well at least until January or February when the true SB contenders are running the ball down a defense's throat in January or the SB in February. 

3 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Yes. I think a healthy Tuitt afforded the defense more flexibility along the DL both inside and out to an extent. I think Tuitt was also much stronger in the run defense than Hargraves.  That has always been my knock on him because he is quicker and a penetrator. That is how the NFL is trending and the ole' school pure thumpers are fading away. Well at least until January or February when the true SB contenders are running the ball down a defense's throat in January or the SB in February. 

it's different now thats for sure. No idea what they are trying to do. 10 years ago we knew it was 1 tech NT, 2 gap  DL but it varies now.  out of everythng on the defence for the run, I think the ILB's will be a major improvement because bush was that bad.  Even in UFA, he never got much  for offers that I knew of, despite being a RD1 pick and a reach at that. 

starting DT's on a team aren't as below anymore in the modern game

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8nM0GR5rQmiPisP9Euql

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 11:25 AM, jebrick said:

You will have to point out that tape of him to me.  Hayward and Tuitt both played 2 gap in college and can play power(Heyward) or technique(Tuitt) when needed.  Benton is a single gap penetrator at this point which is more to Hargraves when he was drafted.

does not mean he can't learn but right now, he has no sand in his pants.

When I wrote that, I was referring to the sizes of the players mentioned. Benton, Heyward, and Tuitt are all 6'4 or taller whereas Hargrave was 6'1 (?).

You guys are right in saying that Benton is a penetrating type player. Here is a video showing some strengths and weaknesses...