2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

31 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm down the punt on quarterback in the first and maybe even the second tbh. For me if we could build these office of lines I think the O'Connell guy could play better just on that alone. Now how much better is a question, but when you actually block for a young pocket passer and give him an off-season they generally play better. And last year two games would've been a playoff team. Do I think we draft a quarterback, sure I just don't know for a fact if we should improve other positions first. 

I just wished we brought in a better QB then Minshew. That can't be the best we could do. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They were dominant college players and I don’t want either of them lol

He had 20 touchdowns(before he got hurt), two interceptions and his team was undefeated. Pretty dominant.

McCarthy with 5 more games only scored two more touchdowns, and had four more interceptions. And people want to trade up for that guy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He had 20 touchdowns(before he got hurt), two interceptions and his team was undefeated. Pretty dominant.

McCarthy with 5 more games only scored two more touchdowns, and had four more interceptions. And people want to trade up for that guy.

College stats mean what again?

Drafting a 24 year old, third string QB with limited upside doesn't seem like a smart pick. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

College stats mean what again?

Drafting a 24 year old, third string QB with limited upside doesn't seem like a smart pick. 

When drafting a quarterback, college stats do matter.

What makes him limited upside guy?

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

When drafting a quarterback, college stats do matter.

What makes him limited upside guy?

They sure did matter for Josh Allen, huh?

He's 24 years old, small, has average physical tools, coming off of a serious injury? If he is such a high upside prospect why is he a day 3 guy?

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They sure did matter for Josh Allen, huh?

He's 24 years old, small, has average physical tools, coming off of a serious injury? If he is such a high upside prospect why is he a day 3 guy?

It did matter. It's not like he's never had a good season in college. It's that his last season wasn't good. And then on top of that he went to the senior bowl and performed well throughout the practice week(like I've mentioned before that matters lol)

Again, there are older players expected to go much higher. About the same size as Caleb Williams(unless he's small too) Does have arm talent. Supposedly he was supposed to run a 4.4 if he had never gotten hurt which means he's fast. How could the injury be if he's already out of the walking boot lol. Anything else?

Edited by Jeremy408

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It did matter. It's not like he's never had a good season in college. It's that his last season wasn't good. And then on top of that he went to the senior bowl and performed well throughout the practice week(like I've mentioned before that matters lol)

Again, there are older players expected to go much higher. About the same size as Caleb Williams(unless he's small too) Does have arm talent. Supposedly he was supposed to run a 4.4 if he had never gotten hurt which means he's fast. How could the injury be if he's already out of the walking boot lol. Anything else?

Why is he a day three prospect if he's Caleb Williams 2.0 with 4.4 speed? We should trade up to #1 and take him.

Trade up to #1 take him, trade up to #2 take Rattler, get back the next TB12 in Derek Carr, and trade the rest of our picks for the GOAT from last year, Hendon Hooker. The greatest QB room in NFL history.

Edited by NYRaider

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why is he a day three prospect if he's Caleb Williams 2.0 with 4.4 speed? We should trade up to #1 and take him.

Trade up to #1 take him, trade up to #2 take Rattler, get back the next TB12 in Derek Carr, and trade the rest of our picks for the GOAT from last year, Hendon Hooker. The greatest QB room in NFL history.

Lol just because I'm saying he could be a sleeper doesn't mean we need to draft him in the first or even the second round. What's the point of a sleeper. Haha. I also never said that he's Caleb Williams before for speed you said he was small and I told you that Caleb Williams(who is #1 overall) is the same size. Don't make up arguments to make up for bad arguments.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Lol just because I'm saying he could be a sleeper doesn't mean we need to draft him in the first or even the second round. What's the point of a sleeper. Haha. I also never said that he's Caleb Williams before for speed you said he was small and I told you that Caleb Williams(who is #1 overall) is the same size. Don't make up arguments to make up for bad arguments.

He has such high upside that in a draft with hella QB needy teams he’s going to be a 5th round pick. 

You definitely have a type though and are consistent. Old, non productive, mid with limited upside. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He has such high upside that in a draft with hella QB needy teams he’s going to be a 5th round pick. 

You definitely have a type though and are consistent. Old, non productive, mid with limited upside. 

Well I mean 1. who knows where he actually goes. And 2. He missed the entire pre-draft process people like that tend to fall(especially at the quarterback position where you need to go through a player with a fine tooth comb).

I'll ignore this bit because it doesn't make a whole lotta sense. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I mean 1. who knows where he actually goes. And 2. He missed the entire pre-draft process people like that tend to fall(especially at the quarterback position where you need to go through a player with a fine tooth comb).

I'll ignore this bit because it doesn't make a whole lotta sense. 

Didn't you just say that he had a good senior bowl?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't you just say that he had a good senior bowl?

LOL. OK I just figured out how you argue, if you get backed into a corner, you try to either make something up to say something at the other guy didn't say or say vague stuff that doesn't actually mean anything. 

The good senior bowl thing was in reference to Josh Allen when you mentioned that college stats didn't matter(it's important to also note that I didn't say that college stats didn't matter but that they do matter and that the senior bowl helps to supplement that by putting a quarterback in a scenario where the talent is equal).

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

LOL. OK I just figured out how you argue, if you get backed into a corner, you try to either make something up to say something at the other guy didn't say or say vague stuff that doesn't actually mean anything. 

The good senior bowl thing was in reference to Josh Allen when you mentioned that college stats didn't matter(it's important to also note that I didn't say that college stats didn't matter but that they do matter and that the senior bowl helps to supplement that by putting a quarterback in a scenario where the talent is equal).

Travis might go top 3 we just won’t know until draft day. He might be the next Tom Brady mixed with Lamar Jackson while Rattler is Mahomes with Hurts mobility. 

Hell Minshew is probably the next Rich Gannon while AOC is the next Tom Brady. 

we really just don’t know yet so it’s just hard to draft a QB rn. 

Hell we should trade our first for Russell Wilson, he had 26 TD, that’s twice as many as AOC did and he could be the next Tom Brady which means Russ could be the next goat.