2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Now that the 2023 draft is over, here is the official 2024 draft thread. What are the top 3 needs you see post 2023 draft 

• QB
  • IOL - G/C 
  • DT - not that high on Young
  • LB

starters who are on make or break years: Renfrow, James, Tillery/Nichols, Farrell, Deablo, Moehrig, Hobbs, Frayscon

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Now that the 2023 draft is over, here is the official 2024 draft thread. What are the top 3 needs you see post 2023 draft 

• QB
  • IOL - G/C 
  • DT - not that high on Young
  • LB

starters who are on make or break years: Renfrow, James, Tillery/Nichols, Farrell, Deablo, Moehrig, Hobbs, Frayscon

QB, IOL, LB. 

DT, unless Young really proves otherwise, we've spun tires between Young, Farrell, and Butler as picks. 

Ancillary needs:

CB, depth DE, OT. 

RB- Jacobs or no Jacobs, White will be around. Abdullah and Bolden should probably be gone. Brittain needs to show he belongs. Best case is Jacobs, White, and Brittain all remain and we grab a flyer. Worst case is Brittain doesn't prove anything and Jacobs isn't signed, leaving just White. 

WR could inch into need. Probably safe til 2025 as far as core guys though. 

S, I'm good with. There's potential in the group. 

DE/Edge- aside from annual depth retooling, safe. 

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

All eyes on QB Williams and Maye. By all accounts two generational prospects. Either would have 100% been taken #1 this year. 

Sell the whole farm for Maye.  Don't be a ***** Dave.  Just do it.  

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

Sell the whole farm for Maye.  Don't be a ***** Dave.  Just do it.  

The Cards set themselves up so extremely well for next year. They have their own pick (Likely top 5) and then acquired Houston's 1st too (Probably top 5). So if they don't land #1 naturally they sure as hell have viable ammo to trade up to get QB 1 A/B. I sure wish we could swing a trade like that.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Cards set themselves up so extremely well for next year. They have their own pick (Likely top 5) and then acquired Houston's 1st too (Probably top 5). So if they don't land #1 naturally they sure as hell have viable ammo to trade up to get QB 1 A/B. I sure wish we could swing a trade like that.

I'd give Maxx and 4 straight firsts for Maye.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I doubt that there will be 7 first round QBs, but the class looks deep for sure.

Could be a good year for us to get our guy.

With Arizona potentially having two really high draft pick, they could be a trade partner for us to move up for a fr.QB if we wanna get aggressive about finding our QBotF...

JMD and Ziegler needs Jimmy to be healthy by week 1 and then have a season where the O and the D shows improvement. It would obviously be nice if the record could improve too, but I think the improvement in gametape will be more improtant to Mark Davis. If there is improvement, there is developement from the 2nd year guys and at least a solid play from this rookie class they will have job security to select their QB IMO...

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

I doubt that there will be 7 first round QBs, but the class looks deep for sure.

Could be a good year for us to get our guy.

With Arizona potentially having two really high draft pick, they could be a trade partner for us to move up for a fr.QB if we wanna get aggressive about finding our QBotF...

JMD and Ziegler needs Jimmy to be healthy by week 1 and then have a season where the O and the D shows improvement. It would obviously be nice if the record could improve too, but I think the improvement in gametape will be more improtant to Mark Davis. If there is improvement, there is developement from the 2nd year guys and at least a solid play from this rookie class they will have job security to select their QB IMO...

Be interesting year in college football to see how it plays out. There could always be a new guy hit the scene too. Cameron Ward is another guy who can break out.

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 4/29/2023 at 9:32 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Buying low on Kyler wouldn't be the worst consolation prize if a better QB doesn't surface. I just doubt we pick top 5.

On 5/31/2023 at 4:47 PM, Humble_Beast said:

There’s only been 3 1st round QBs the last two seasons. Could it balance itself out next season? Perhaps

However, I think teams are evolving towards not overdrafting QBs early based on need

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s only been 3 1st round QBs the last two seasons. Could it balance itself out next season? Perhaps

However, I think teams are evolving towards not overdrafting QBs early based on need

Some guys stock will drop and others will rise. Be interesting to see it play out