2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The issue when hiring most coordinators is that you're almost always going to have to hire someone with only a couple of years of experience. Top young coordinators are almost guaranteed to getting HC jobs. I think Kellen Moore's stock is going to skyrocket if the Chargers offense stays healthy.

Your right about that… I’d just be concerned that only 1 (2 after ‘23 season) year of Coordinator experience isn’t enough plus I don’t remember the  Denver Defense being all that impressive.  They seemed very average to me.  What am I missing about Evero?  I’m not super informed on his resume.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your right about that… I’d just be concerned that only 1 (2 after ‘23 season) year of Coordinator experience isn’t enough plus I don’t remember the  Denver Defense being all that impressive.  They seemed very average to me.  What am I missing about Evero?  I’m not super informed on his resume.

He's supposed to be super intelligent and his pedigree is pretty remarkable. He has coached under Monte Kiffin, Wade Phillips, Vic Fangio, and Dom Capers. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 4:30 AM, NYRaider said:

He's supposed to be super intelligent and his pedigree is pretty remarkable. He has coached under Monte Kiffin, Wade Phillips, Vic Fangio, and Dom Capers. 

The Broncos forum and fans are pretty enamoured with him……. Not that that is all that important or tips the scales but considering the ineptitude of the offence last year their defence kept them in a lot of games.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

The Broncos forum and fans are pretty enamoured with him……. Not that that is all that important or tips the scales but considering the ineptitude of the offence last year their defence kept them in a lot of games.

Worth mentioning he took over a Vic Fagio defense that was already fantastic with good veteran talent.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2023 at 11:21 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Evero, as another poster said, has coached under some brilliant D minds- though mediocre HCs themselves for the most part. 

That said, he's done a pretty solid job. Denver's D doesn't have the greatest, but their offense was laughable. He's probably a top 8-10 DC in the league, with a ceiling that's pretty TBD given his circumstances he's had. 

Kellen Moore, imo, got scapegoated hard by Dallas. Zeke isn't great and Dak is overrated. I've not been impressed by McCarthy in over a decade and his micromanagement style has long clashed with OCs- regardless of what's written about it. His last few years in Green Bay, it was clear he and Rodgers (and the OCs) were on different pages. You could see the frustration. I felt a lot of that in Dallas last year. 

LA should reboost his stock pretty quickly. Staley won't meddle on the O like McCarthy likely did. 

If we landed either (or both) in some capacity with our next staffing changes.....I'd be quite the happy camper. 

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Worth mentioning he took over a Vic Fagio defense that was already fantastic with good veteran talent.

JDR complex with Evero in that regard. 

By that, I mean I don't know what Evero's capabilities as an architect are, but he's clearly a good rah-rah guy that can get a lot out of his situation. Plug and play coach, if you will. That can work wonders in the right situations. I always thought JDR caught too much flak. He definitely changed the culture and locker room mentality of the Raiders while he was around. HC material? Average. But as a guy to have on staff as a DC? Fantastic, imo. 

No telling how things would've gone with JDR and a new DC (Norton needed to go), but had it not been for Mark's crush on Gruden, I think JDR would've likely stuck around with the Raiders at least a few more years. Shame we'll never really know what that staff's plans were, as I wasn't particularly enamored with the Gruden staff or their decisions based on how things went in Tampa Bay. 

It's actually crazy to me how tough Washington has had it. I have a ton of regard for both Rivera and JDR. Ownership meddling and bad offenses though....If either became available, I'd gladly bring them on as some sort of Sr. Defensive assistant or whatever you want to call it. 

Heck, speaking of, I'm still a bit bummed we didn't land Fangio. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, good point and obviously any views of a Bronco fan have to be taken with a pinch of salt as they clearly have such terrible taste in football teams too 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

By that, I mean I don't know what Evero's capabilities as an architect are, but he's clearly a good rah-rah guy that can get a lot out of his situation. Plug and play coach, if you will. That can work wonders in the right situations. I always thought JDR caught too much flak. He definitely changed the culture and locker room mentality of the Raiders while he was around. HC material? Average. But as a guy to have on staff as a DC? Fantastic, imo. 

No telling how things would've gone with JDR and a new DC (Norton needed to go), but had it not been for Mark's crush on Gruden, I think JDR would've likely stuck around with the Raiders at least a few more years. Shame we'll never really know what that staff's plans were, as I wasn't particularly enamored with the Gruden staff or their decisions based on how things went in Tampa Bay. 

It's actually crazy to me how tough Washington has had it. I have a ton of regard for both Rivera and JDR. Ownership meddling and bad offenses though....If either became available, I'd gladly bring them on as some sort of Sr. Defensive assistant or whatever you want to call it. 

Sorry but it was JDR own fault he got fired, literally the whole world was screaming KNJ had to go. On the flip side I was so excited about Musgrave even though a few here didn't like the hire, I liked the idea of him using some of the Chip Kelley playbook, it didn't disappoint, Carr was at his best. First year with Carr was good, 2nd year was even better, they were about to go into the 3rd year, I was expecting Carr to become a household name. Then JDR did this most backwards move firing Musgrave, and promoting the dude that never called plays. The offense went to hell, and the defense continued to be doo doo under KNJ. He took a 12-4 playoff team and made them a 6-10 team when everybody knew at the very least KNJ needed to be replaced, and you had an ascending QB and offense under Musgrave. Mark was going to hire somebody anyway even if it wasn't Gruden. JDR sealed his own fate.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Sorry but it was JDR own fault he got fired, literally the whole world was screaming KNJ had to go. On the flip side I was so excited about Musgrave even though a few here didn't like the hire, I liked the idea of him using some of the Chip Kelley playbook, it didn't disappoint, Carr was at his best. First year with Carr was good, 2nd year was even better, they were about to go into the 3rd year, I was expecting Carr to become a household name. Then JDR did this most backwards move firing Musgrave, and promoting the dude that never called plays. The offense went to hell, and the defense continued to be doo doo under KNJ. He took a 12-4 playoff team and made them a 6-10 team when everybody knew at the very least KNJ needed to be replaced, and you had an ascending QB and offense under Musgrave. Mark was going to hire somebody anyway even if it wasn't Gruden. JDR sealed his own fate.

I liked del rio as a leader of men, but both of those points are spot on. Wasn’t even the first time he fired musgrave, and the offense was running solid. So he broke what was pretty fixed. Lol. And the knj thing? Damn I remember EVERYONE in here wanting him axed after year one.....alas, to no avail....🤣🤬 damn shame honestly. Especially when stuff was PAINFULLY OBVIOUS!!! 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 8:39 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Mark has be making some questionable moves since Al died rip. Starting with the Palmer trade.

i almost forgot that’s why we got rid of jdr for grudock 

22 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Didn’t musky get fired cause he called that pass play vs colts when we were up big that got carr injured. Plus carr was in love with downing. Imo

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mark has be making some questionable moves since Al died rip. Starting with the Palmer trade.

sucks Campbell got hurt because we were rolling, and they threw the farm at Palmer thinking itd salvage what we had going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Didn’t musky get fired cause he called that pass play vs colts when we were up big that got carr injured. Plus carr was in love with downing. Imo

Downing got a ton of hype, and I never understood why. I remember a few games where commentary was practically worshipping the guy. I think there were some people out there that thought he was the next McVay. 

Our offense ran much better under both Musgrave and Olson than it ever did under Downing or Gruden when he was here. 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:14 PM, raidr4life said:

This is such a frustration isn’t it? Even when we seem to have something and are building on something tangible we go and shoot ourselves in the foot. Typical.

I remember the hype KNJ had when he first came in and myself and a few others (maybe you) were fans of Musgrave (most didn’t like the hire I seem to recall) but very sceptical over KNJ as a rah rah man only.

I always thought Musgrave was spot on, used to start Carr off slow, get him in rhythm as he tends to get excited early and then great mix of calls and some nice playaction. Nothing special but just sensible choices that seemed obvious but that others haven’t done since really. He was an Xs and Os guy who knew his stuff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If Campbell doesn't get hurt Hue probably makes it another season as we seemed like a good enough team. I don't know what happened in the building but it seemed like Hue saw an opportunity to make a splash and he got fired for it. I can't stand McDaniels but if he brings some stability to this franchise that would be great. I just don't think he'll be around long enough so I'd cut ties sooner than later so it's a catch 22 for me. 

• Like 1

• NickButera locked and unpinned this topic