2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

While they could be starters it’s far more likely they end up as backups or even cut.  I don’t think you can disregard the need at G.  I actually like both players too.  

I get it but the season hasn't played out yet Parham is locked in starter, so if one of those two have great season and look like a starter going forward then I don't see Guard being high on the list. 

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine if Wilson pans out and we have one of The best edge combos in the league. Imagine if we came back and draft another DL, but this time DT. That would be amazing for the defense. I think Farrell and Nessa going be good NT. Man that DL would be Nasty. While I dream of having an all pro corner like Woodson/Nnanmdi, I do think Hobbs and Bennett can be good starting corners. I think we can find a good RB and Lbs in the middle rounds 

I look at it like a bit of a balancing act, personally. 

If Wilson and Crosby are good to go, I'd evaluate DT and LB. 

If the DTs are adequate, but LBs are poor, go LB. Or vice versa. If both suck, 100% go DT. 

I would LOVE a stacked DL, just not at the expense of the rest of the D, and I'd for once like to see glaring needs addressed with passion, even if not at a sexy position lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

long term there are needs, no doubt but there  are young guys in place in some of these positions that can develop, the roster isnt bare. 

QBoTF is #1, then CB1. I think with the OL they are taking an approach that the unit is better than the sum of their parts and wont commit too many assets there, i do think we need a long term RG, MIller and Parham are fixtures, James is solid and the hope is Munford, Curtis and Wagner can develop. DL has some upside and it seems they are killing it in camp. I think Spillane and Deablo can be nice, but the depth is worrisome, a 3rd starting caliber LB is needed (Burney had a nice debut). Moehrig is my pick to have a good year along with Epps. Add Smith and Pola Mao and i think we might be good at S. RB comes down to Josh, im not sold on the White or anyone else having to carry the load, if Jacobs situation ends ugly we need an RB1, not a superstar but someone that can be the lead back in a committee.  WR is not a need, Adams is in his prime and we have a young well rounded group. 

Ultimately, it comes down to development, for me. Theres young guys on the roster with upside. If we have a winning staff, a lot of these guys will hit. If not, they wont, and we will be in the same place weve been in for 20 years. 

Overall, im excited for this upcoming year. Were not SB contenders and going in i didnt really know what to make of the roster, but the reports out of practice and preseason debut have been positive. None of it matters if they stink it up week 1, but i feel better now than at any point in the offseason. I think Josh has the team sharp and competing(they whooped on the 9ers all week and they are supposed to be the one of the deepest teams in the league. I think this year we see some of the identity McD wants in his team. The young guys are doing well too so thats a testament to Zeigler. If youre only focusing on negatives, and tying that together with the teams recent history than yea, i see reasons for pessimism, but if were being fair, i think there a lots of positives as well. 

• I actually like the outlook of the OL. Miller is a stud at LT and is in his prime. I expect Parham to make a jump at LG and be a stud. He was solid starter as a rookie. James is in his prime and is an average starter. He could be upgraded, but he isn't a weak link. We could use a RG for the future. I like Curtis and Muti potential, but I think they make be merely backups. Elu was a solid starter last year, and is still young. Can't have an all pro at every position. I might sound like a homer but I think Munford was a steal and could emerge to being a good starting RT
  • CB1 - in my opinion, I would rather invest more resources on the DL to DBS. how many years have we drafted DBs high and then wonder why they all bust. Our DL has always been one of the worst. Having a great Line makes the game easier for LBs and DBs. I think we landed another steal in Bennett. I guess it's okay to assume he won't be a starter because he hasn't shown it, but I think he will emerge. I think Hobbs is a good starter too. we have a lot of guys who are solid depth CB3-6. 
  • We need Deablo to step up. I think it's a make or break year for him. Spillane should be a steady, average starter. The rest of the LBs are backup. Burney could emerge but who knows. I could see us attacking this position with more talent. 
  • I think Epps and Moehrig can be a solid starting tandem. It would be nice to add an all pro at one of the Db spots, but those don't grow on trees. Pola might be a great 3rd safety. He hasn't done it yet, so I understand the cynical outlook. 
  • I'm hopeful we keep Jacobs. If not, we could draft his replacement next year on day 2. 
  • Tae is maybe the best route runner in the NFL. I think his game ages great and his prime will last another 3-4 years. Meyers is a solid WR2 and in his prime. Renfrow is still young and hopefully Tucker emerges. 
  • QB and DT I can see being good investments. 
  • Like 2

such a good year to need a QB in 2024. Class has so much potential 

Blue Chip- Top 3 picks 

• Caleb Williams USC
  • Drake Maye UNC

Potential 1st rounders - guys could emerge with a monster season 

• Bo Nix - Oregon - Dual threat who stock is rising 
  • Michael Pennix - Washington- has A level arm, and is a dual threat. Injury concerns but has battled back 
  • Riley Leonard - Duke - reminds me of Daniel Jones / Josh Allen type 
  • Quinn Ewers - Texas- was rated higher than Caleb our of high school. Has elite arm and has flashed. Could put it all together this fall 
  • Jordan Travis - Florida State - stock has been on the rise. People think he might have a Heisman type of run

Others who stock can rise and get in the mix 

• Shedeur Sanders - has to make a big jump, but has the bloodline, athletic ability, and has looked good. Wonder how he does in a tougher conference 
  • Jayden Daniels- dual threat who keeps getting better 
  • Spencer Rattler- finally started to flash his potential. Has a chance to raise his stock 
  • KJ Jefferson- has been elite in college, with plus size 
  • J.J. McCarthy - might have a breakout year. Former top recruit 
  • Cam Ward- can do everything. I expect him to break out 
  • Joe Milton- could be this years Hooker. A level arm 
  • Tyler Van Dyke- was hyped as a 1st rounder then he had a horrible 2022. Can he bounce back?

obviously not all these prospects will go in Round 1. However, this is a potential GREAT CLASS. College football is going to be interesting this year 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He already had a breakout year. He's arguably the #3 QB in this class and leads Michigan coming in at #2 overall.

Um, no. 

The team had a good year and he was the QB, but he’s got a lot to prove. Like can he complete more than 50% of his passes vs a good defense for example. 

10 hours ago, true2form said:

Um, no. 

The team had a good year and he was the QB, but he’s got a lot to prove. Like can he complete more than 50% of his passes vs a good defense for example. 

Not saying he doesn't have work to do and improvements to be made. But he "broke out" already. He's a projected 1st round pick. He's already on the radar. The breakout happened. His name is out there. Now he has to show out which I think he will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Love seeing all the lb love in here lately glad y’all coming around 

Who do you like in college right now?

Guys I'm watching this year:

Jamon Dumas-Johnson - Butkus award finalist last season for UGA. Should be the next dude on that defense to come out post Dean, Nolan. 

Jaylan Ford - Named pre-season favorite for best defensive player in the Big 12. Love his size at 6'3 240 

Harold Perkins - Moving to ILB for LSU this season. Really popped last year outside. Good sideline to sideline speed and blitz ability. 

Barrett Carter - Off ball LB. Some tweener traits

Tommy Eichenberg  - old school brawler type. compared to Paul Pozluzny

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who do you like in college right now?

Guys I'm watching this year:

Jamon Dumas-Johnson - Butkus award finalist last season for UGA. Should be the next dude on that defense to come out post Dean, Nolan. 

Jaylan Ford - Named pre-season favorite for best defensive player in the Big 12. Love his size at 6'3 240 

Harold Perkins - Moving to ILB for LSU this season. Really popped last year outside. Good sideline to sideline speed and blitz ability. 

Barrett Carter - Off ball LB. Some tweener traits

Tommy Eichenberg  - old school brawler type. compared to Paul Pozluzny

Still too early I haven’t even looked

• NickButera locked and unpinned this topic