2023 Post Draft Grades, Thoughts, and Reviews

DreamKid

I think the Ravens did pretty solid overall. The Flowers pick seemed a bit chalky since that one came up in a ton of mocks and discussions, but it was still good. Very happy with his addition to the top three receiver group. Simpson was a pretty big surprise but most pure BPA picks are.

The day three picks were about as you would expect. The Ravens went after guys they really liked and looking back the only one that really came out of left field was big Sala.... but in the 6th round you'll get that. Trading a 2024 pick for Vorhees was great. And it will be just like they took him with a 2024 pick since he's not getting on the field this season. Another older prospect but one with a lot of experience. The more you dig into Tavius Robinson the more intriguing he becomes. Hopefully Macdonald can get him integrated quickly. 

My favorite pick of the four was probably Kyu Blu Kelly though. I'm just seeing a solid, solid depth corner that shouldn't get your pass defense killed in a pinch. That's valuable. Him with Humphrey, Stephens, JAD, Williams and whatever veteran or two that is signed in the next couple of weeks is a fine group at corner for now. I guess there's Trayvon Mullen too but I'm not sure there's much to hope for there. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 9:01 PM, coordinator0 said:

I think the Ravens did pretty solid overall. The Flowers pick seemed a bit chalky since that one came up in a ton of mocks and discussions, but it was still good. Very happy with his addition to the top three receiver group. Simpson was a pretty big surprise but most pure BPA picks are.

The day three picks were about as you would expect. The Ravens went after guys they really liked and looking back the only one that really came out of left field was big Sala.... but in the 6th round you'll get that. Trading a 2024 pick for Vorhees was great. And it will be just like they took him with a 2024 pick since he's not getting on the field this season. Another older prospect but one with a lot of experience. The more you dig into Tavius Robinson the more intriguing he becomes. Hopefully Macdonald can get him integrated quickly. 

My favorite pick of the four was probably Kyu Blu Kelly though. I'm just seeing a solid, solid depth corner that shouldn't get your pass defense killed in a pinch. That's valuable. Him with Humphrey, Stephens, JAD, Williams and whatever veteran or two that is signed in the next couple of weeks is a fine group at corner for now. I guess there's Trayvon Mullen too but I'm not sure there's much to hope for there. 

In all honestly I'd rather see Mullen out there than Stephens, haha.

It's just so abundantly clear Stephens doesn't have it. IMO at least. At least Mullen flashed legit stuff at CB at Clemson.

But I agree, I think Kelly is a much better option than both and I'm really excited about that pick.