Camp/OTA News

ET80

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

Brace free Green 👀

So - per Landry and Lopez - Green still looks out of shape and wasn't participating in team drills (Michael Dieter was taking starter snaps at LG). I get he can't work out while recovering from surgery, but just getting your diet right will improve your physical condition. He can't be sneaking in cheat meals if his ability to work out is hindered - he's got to be strict in his intake, and it doesn't sound like he was. 

**** Vermeil used to say "Training Camp isn't a fitness camp, it's a football camp - if you need to work into shape at camp, you're behind." This feels like it's going to be the narrative for Green, constantly worrying about how his body is conditioned...

On the othe end of the spectrum - Roy Lopez is apparently built like a DE now, just lean and a bit ripped. There's heavy competition for snaps at DT, so Lopez needs to show he's with the program.

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So - per Landry and Lopez - Green still looks out of shape and wasn't participating in team drills (Michael Dieter was taking starter snaps at LG). I get he can't work out while recovering from surgery, but just getting your diet right will improve your physical condition. He can't be sneaking in cheat meals if his ability to work out is hindered - he's got to be strict in his intake, and it doesn't sound like he was. 

**** Vermeil used to say "Training Camp isn't a fitness camp, it's a football camp - if you need to work into shape at camp, you're behind." This feels like it's going to be the narrative for Green, constantly worrying about how his body is conditioned...

On the othe end of the spectrum - Roy Lopez is apparently built like a DE now, just lean and a bit ripped. There's heavy competition for snaps at DT, so Lopez needs to show he's with the program.

• Like 1

Just now, lumberjackchris said:

@ET80 Were those comments about Green from today? From everything I’ve seen on twitter he seems to be fine and moving well.

Yeah - on "In The Loop". 

Landry joke that Lopes criticizing him was "Aggie on Aggie violence" but Lopez was pretty adamant that Green still looked like he had baby fat on his body. He was quick to say he could lose it, but he kept bringing it up...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah - on "In The Loop". 

Landry joke that Lopes criticizing him was "Aggie on Aggie violence" but Lopez was pretty adamant that Green still looked like he had baby fat on his body. He was quick to say he could lose it, but he kept bringing it up...

Ya, you see some jiggle when he’s going through drills and stretches. Not what I’d hope to see from him 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, you see some jiggle when he’s going through drills and stretches. Not what I’d hope to see from him 

One one hand - I get it, he’s a 20ish millionaire who can probably shed any of that excess weight off after a few two-a-days in this Houston weather. We’re still like some 60 days away from live snaps.

On the other hand - you had ONE job this off-season, Kenyon. Get in NFL shape. You had a knee scope, fine. Rehab and… swim, or use the zero gravity treadmill, or use the stationary bike, or go into HIRT training for your upper body, or get your diet lined up! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

A QB comp in that Mills looks good...or Stroud looks bad? I'd surmise with the takeaways from the secondary, it's the latter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

A QB comp in that Mills looks good...or Stroud looks bad? I'd surmise with the takeaways from the secondary, it's the latter.

I’m worried. I’ve read that Mills has looked really bad and that stroud have made some plays but not looked great.

But he’s a rookie, we don’t have good WRs and our secondary should be legit. 

those all point to struggles in training camp where we are just running plays, and stuff that can be game planned around when we are actually playing against competition.