Armsteeld 2024 Mock Draft

armsteeld

Deion is kinda turning Colorado into a classless program. Needed double overtime to beat a terrible team, then the fans storm the pitch, and his kid does an interview with a hat and sunglasses that were obviously intentionally there to troll the situation. 

I predict as we get deeper into pac-12 play they are going to struggle with Oregon, USC, Washington. 

EDIT:

To add, I find it funny how on ESPN, FS1, CBSSports, PFF all the commentary is on how great of a win Colorado had in 2OT as a 30+ pt favorite, but FSU got hit with the “disappointing” label for not covering the 24+ point spread against a better BC.  I saw an actual AP voter on Twitter/X say that Colorado deserves to move up while FSU deserves to take a hit for the way their games went.

The Colorado hype is way to high.

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 3

As for the draft prospects since I watched that game - Travis Hunter is the only 1st round talent on that team, and I think he’s more a CB than WR.  His skill set at a WR is not polished, but as a CB he has some elite mirroring ability.

Shedeur Sanders looks like a career backup IMO.  Lacks the arm strength.  Quick processor, but I think that gets him in trouble a lot where he sees something that isn’t there and then tries to throw a ball he shouldn’t.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, warfelg said:

As for the draft prospects since I watched that game - Travis Hunter is the only 1st round talent on that team, and I think he’s more a CB than WR.  His skill set at a WR is not polished, but as a CB he has some elite mirroring ability.

Shedeur Sanders looks like a career backup IMO.  Lacks the arm strength.  Quick processor, but I think that gets him in trouble a lot where he sees something that isn’t there and then tries to throw a ball he shouldn’t.

Shedeur is better than Caleb in my opinion. Shadeur is an old school West Coast type Qab prospect. I see Drew Brees and Tua T. Arm strength is as good or better than Kenny Pickett's. 

Saying Deion is turning Colorado into a classless organization shows how utterly clueless you are. Fans storming a field shows passion & shouldn't be a reflection on a head coach. Goal posts moving too much when it comes to Coach Prime.

22 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Shedeur is better than Caleb in my opinion. Shadeur is an old school West Coast type Qab prospect. I see Drew Brees and Tua T. Arm strength is as good or better than Kenny Pickett's. 

Saying Deion is turning Colorado into a classless organization shows how utterly clueless you are. Fans storming a field shows passion & shouldn't be a reflection on a head coach. Goal posts moving too much when it comes to Coach Prime.

This is a take for sure on Shedeur and something to track.  Either that or you are really low on Caleb Williams.

And yes, I very much feel that way with that he’s done with Colorado so far.  I do (personally) associate storming the field with coaches because there’s a reason for it.  There’s no goalpost moving from me on Prime.  I am honestly not saying anything here I wouldn’t say about another coach.  I think some people are going the other way due to it being Prime.

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This is a take for sure on Shedeur and something to track.  Either that or you are really low on Caleb Williams.

And yes, I very much feel that way with that he’s done with Colorado so far.  I do (personally) associate storming the field with coaches because there’s a reason for it.  There’s no goalpost moving from me on Prime.  I am honestly not saying anything here I wouldn’t say about another coach.  I think some people are going the other way due to it being Prime.

What moves has Coach Prime done to make Colorado classless? Barely beating a team you were favored to beat doesn't equate to classless. Fans storming a field doesn't equate to classless. 

I like Shedeur because he plays within his system whereas Caleb likes to freestyle. I see Caleb ala undisciplined playing out of the system young Big Ben.

26 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

What moves has Coach Prime done to make Colorado classless? Barely beating a team you were favored to beat doesn't equate to classless. Fans storming a field doesn't equate to classless. 

I like Shedeur because he plays within his system whereas Caleb likes to freestyle. I see Caleb ala undisciplined playing out of the system young Big Ben.

I feel the way he went about making the “hat and sunglasses” comment personal and making the kids take it that way was a “it’s all about me” thing.  Especially mid-week when he gave out the sunglasses.  Having the camera crew that goes everywhere with him, personal body guards.  I dunno maybe I’m becoming a crudmidgin as I age, but I think you be humble about your role.  Heck, I’d say that stuff doesn’t even fully bother me until he needed to have his players take things the same way he did.  I’m not someone who will be motivated because my coach felt personally slighted and have always associated that as “classless”.  

Edit - The moment that kinda bothered me was Sheduers interview where he busted out the hat and sunglasses, flashed the watch.  I know a lot of people find that funny and ‘he’s earned it’.  I think it’s a sign of immaturity and for a college team that starts with the coach to me.

Double edit - There is a lot I like that Deion is doing.  I think that it’s going to change but his use of the portal was game changing.  I think him going to smaller schools and poaching their HC’s to be his coordinators with the freedom to do what they want is a mold coaches should follow.  I like that he let guys do what’s best for them.

As for Shedeur - I feel sometimes playing within a system hides some flaws.  I’ll always say I hope players prove me wrong, especially QBs because the NF: needs more better QBs.  But I think his next two games are going to be telling because the 3 defenses he’s played haven’t had the ability to force him to play outside his system.

Edited by warfelg

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I feel the way he went about making the “hat and sunglasses” comment personal and making the kids take it that way was a “it’s all about me” thing.  Especially mid-week when he gave out the sunglasses.  Having the camera crew that goes everywhere with him, personal body guards.  I dunno maybe I’m becoming a crudmidgin as I age, but I think you be humble about your role.  Heck, I’d say that stuff doesn’t even fully bother me until he needed to have his players take things the same way he did.  I’m not someone who will be motivated because my coach felt personally slighted and have always associated that as “classless”.  

Edit - The moment that kinda bothered me was Sheduers interview where he busted out the hat and sunglasses, flashed the watch.  I know a lot of people find that funny and ‘he’s earned it’.  I think it’s a sign of immaturity and for a college team that starts with the coach to me.

Double edit - There is a lot I like that Deion is doing.  I think that it’s going to change but his use of the portal was game changing.  I think him going to smaller schools and poaching their HC’s to be his coordinators with the freedom to do what they want is a mold coaches should follow.  I like that he let guys do what’s best for them.

As for Shedeur - I feel sometimes playing within a system hides some flaws.  I’ll always say I hope players prove me wrong, especially QBs because the NF: needs more better QBs.  But I think his next two games are going to be telling because the 3 defenses he’s played haven’t had the ability to force him to play outside his system.

The coach basically said Coach Prime's mother didn't raise her son right and that his mother raised him right. Coaches have been throwing shade/disses at Deion since he came to Colorado and they're going to continue doing it. It's a rivalry to use bulletin board material to wake your team up. What Coach Norvell said motivated both teams which resulted in a tightly contested physical game. 

Coach Prime said it best when he said "Don't let my confidence offend your insecurities!" Take heed to those words 😂

Regarding Shedeur, every team knocked him off rhythm but he still stayed the course. This guy was partly groomed by the Steeler Killer Tom Brady. They stay in touch on a regular basis. Shedeur is special. Watched him since Jackson State and he's steadily getting better. Arm strength isn't his weakness in my opinion.