Preseason Steelers vs Falcons

MOSteelers56

16 hours ago, bionicsuperfreak said:

I'm only going off the highlights but that's enough to see how they're moving and forecast how they'll move forward.

Jaylen Warren might be the best back in the league. He's not even a bowling ball he's small, quick, and fast. At 215 pounds. He might have done enough in the off-season to break 4.5 in the 40.

Kendrick Green love to see it at right guard. He finally has a chance to compete for playing time.

Nick Herbig really quick and fast off the ball. Reminds me of Sutton Smith out of college but I guess those probably two inches and 20 pounds and level of competition makes a world of difference. Not too mention the hand placement.

Broderick Jones looks sluggish yet also athletic. It's a bizarre type development. Possibly discouraged from not being the guy. Bed issues at Latrobe, I dunno. It's a factor whether you think so or not. I wouldn't discount having an athletic right tackle like Broderick Jones and then next year give him another shot at it. It'll keep Dan Moore motivated as well as Broderick Jones. And gets that slug Okorafor off the roster.

The punter competition should be Mann.

Calvin Austin gives them a punt returner they haven't had since Randle El

Holcomb is mobile but it's like one of those mobile type situations where mobility hurts him bc he's easier to move bc he's not stoudt enough. Probably more of the passing downs guy for my money.

Elandon Roberts is far more athletic than I gave him credit for.

Every time I watch 72 I think I mean is he trying or is he just that slow. How are you here?

Nick Herbig is waaaay more athletic than Sutton Smith. I see where the comparison is coming from but Smith was kind of stiff up top. Nick could seriously drop in coverage way better than perceived and has often been in coverage in the slot at Wisconsin. He is elusive and can evade blockers and trash in pursuit to the ball, which are traits that he utilizes in in his toolbox of pass rush moves. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

10 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Nick Herbig is waaaay more athletic than Sutton Smith. I see where the comparison is coming from but Smith was kind of stiff up top. Nick could seriously drop in coverage way better than perceived and has often been in coverage in the slot at Wisconsin. He is elusive and can evade blockers and trash in pursuit to the ball, which are traits that he utilizes in in his toolbox of pass rush moves. 

They both got good agility and that dip move. Smith is just shorter so with that comes the need to be pec crazy, which you then lose flexibility in the shoulders, which makes you slower in the hands. I just wouldn't drop Squash (Herbig) too deep in coverage.

Like any Tampa 2 type responsibility down the middle of the field is a no-go. But he can hover in a zone bc of his short area quickness.