Week 3 Preseason GDT: Anthony Richardson vs. Eagles back-ups

TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I didn't watch the game. Did Ades play a lot against us? Curious how Adetomi has looked, but that Colts forum is a desolate place since Luck left.

He played 28 snaps against us according to PFF and they gave him a 48.6 grade which was actually his best of the preseason.

The first 2 games they gave him a 29.3 and 35.6 which ain't great.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He played 28 snaps against us according to PFF and they gave him a 48.6 grade which was actually his best of the preseason.

The first 2 games they gave him a 29.3 and 35.6 which ain't great.

Sounds about right. Ades is a beautiful bonsai tree that must slowly be pruned by a Mr Miyagi type coach to unlock it's true potential. Ades is a 2 year project before he starts paying off, not unlike Josh Sweat, but even rawer than Sweaty. Higher ceiling if he can hit it though.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sounds about right. Ades is a beautiful bonsai tree that must slowly be pruned by a Mr Miyagi type coach to unlock it's true potential. Ades is a 2 year project before he starts paying off, not unlike Josh Sweat, but even rawer than Sweaty. Higher ceiling if he can hit it though.

I'm not sure about a higher ceiling than Sweat.

Josh is one of the most underrated players in the league and absolutely should've been in on that top 100 list.

I think he is gonna go for 15 or more sacks this year.

But, I loved Ade's traits and versatility coming out. I think both of us probably still wanted him where we knew we would pick Ringo when we made that trade.

I'm very happy with having got Ojomo in the 7th though. He is filling that same role as Ade would've as that Milton Williams successor and he's ahead of where Ade is right now even if he might not offer the same type ceiling.

26 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm not sure about a higher ceiling than Sweat.

Josh is one of the most underrated players in the league and absolutely should've been in on that top 100 list.

I think he is gonna go for 15 or more sacks this year.

But, I loved Ade's traits and versatility coming out. I think both of us probably still wanted him where we knew we would pick Ringo when we made that trade.

I'm very happy with having got Ojomo in the 7th though. He is filling that same role as Ade would've as that Milton Williams successor and he's ahead of where Ade is right now even if he might not offer the same type ceiling.

I think Ades would have been a BG successor. I want him running around OT's like he did at the senior bowl, rather than try to run through guards and centers. I would have had him get down to 273ish and work on that contact balance and hand placement.

Ojomo showed some real promise/upside as an upfield penetrator during his small sample size. Jalen Carters hand pop is on another level, but Ojomo is no slouch in that department either. Ojomo was jolting guys backward fairly often. Once his footwork and balance get a little cleaned up, and he improves his hand fighting even further, he could be a key rotational piece, because the functional strength and athleticism are both there for him to be a problem for most OG's and C's. His only real negative is despite his good initial get off, his top speed might be 10 mph. Man has a governor on his motor like the go-karts at golf n stuff.

Edited by Jeezla