Washington will make a significant trade, before cutdown day!

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

But again, why would they trade him for a pick they most likely won't make? For another player, I guess I could see that but a draft pick does not help this group at all when they have to win now. 

A draft pick next year doesn't doesn't do Rivera any good, assuming he gets fired.

But what if Washington goes to the Playoffs?

Better yet? What if Washington makes it to the NFC Championship game?

How can Harris & company justify firing Rivera then? There would be riots in the streets.

Rivera is not thinking about him being one & done. He's trying to win football games.

And if netting a Day 2 pick for next draft, while not having the Chase Young cloud looming over him in the off season, while he focuses on other players will help do that?

Maybe that's a route he'll take. Who knows...

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

And if netting a Day 2 pick for next draft, while not having the Chase Young cloud looming over him in the off season, while he focuses on other players will help do that?

I didn't agree with a lot of the post ace, but I genuinely think you have something here that makes a lot of sense. 

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

A draft pick next year doesn't doesn't do Rivera any good, assuming he gets fired.

But what if Washington goes to the Playoffs?

Better yet? What if Washington makes it to the NFC Championship game?

How can Harris & company justify firing Rivera then? There would be riots in the streets.

Rivera is not thinking about him being one & done. He's trying to win football games.

Maybe that's a route he'll take. Who knows...

They're not trading Chase. Quit getting your chub up for nothing.

• Like 1