Will the Vikings dance with Lance?

vike daddy

16 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

How many draft picks have proven anything when taken? Do you really think there will be guys with his upside in round four? I don't follow your point.

The debate I had with @Sad People was in regarding to whether we were willing to throw in DJ Wonnum into a deal for Lance.  While yes, we generally do not find anyone with his upside available in Round 4, it's not never. Sam Howell just last year was available in Round 4 and he also had significant upside...maybe not as much as Lance, but still is in the discussion.  Dak Prescott himself was a 4th rd pick.  I bet next year, with the depth at QB that has continuously been discussed, there will be a guy available in Round 4 that has a lot of upside.  

We also have to look at the fact that the Vikings have no 3rd rd pick next year right now...and will likely be sending one of their 5th to the Eagles because of the Reagor trade.  Therefore, from the 3rd to 5th rds, which is where you tend to build depth, right now they're projected to have 2 4ths and 2 5ths, would you have been willing to give up 1 of those 4ths for a former 1st round QB who has yet to show much of anything...and you only really have 1 year to find out?  I waffle on that.  That might be a little too rich for me...I'd have been willing to give up that pick acquired from the Za'Darius deal (5th rounder), but the Vikings need to start building depth again after those atrocious drafts from '19-'21, so they need the draft picks.  

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

The debate I had with @Sad People was in regarding to whether we were willing to throw in DJ Wonnum into a deal for Lance.  While yes, we generally do not find anyone with his upside available in Round 4, it's not never. Sam Howell just last year was available in Round 4 and he also had significant upside...maybe not as much as Lance, but still is in the discussion.  Dak Prescott himself was a 4th rd pick.  I bet next year, with the depth at QB that has continuously been discussed, there will be a guy available in Round 4 that has a lot of upside.  

We also have to look at the fact that the Vikings have no 3rd rd pick next year right now...and will likely be sending one of their 5th to the Eagles because of the Reagor trade.  Therefore, from the 3rd to 5th rds, which is where you tend to build depth, right now they're projected to have 2 4ths and 2 5ths, would you have been willing to give up 1 of those 4ths for a former 1st round QB who has yet to show much of anything...and you only really have 1 year to find out?  I waffle on that.  That might be a little too rich for me...I'd have been willing to give up that pick acquired from the Za'Darius deal (5th rounder), but the Vikings need to start building depth again after those atrocious drafts from '19-'21, so they need the draft picks.  

Yes. It's water under the bridge though.