2024 Draft

Ftn49

Chad Rueter 5 round mock:

#21- Taliese Fuaga - he also has us trading up with Miami. In his mock, we give up a third and fourth this year. 

#63 - Kamari Lassiter, CB

#124 - Calen Bullock, S

#135 - Audric Estime, RB

#176 - Tip Reiman, TE

I would not pick Lassiter and then go safety. Concerned Lassiter has to move there. He has Lassiter go before Tampa, and I'd rather go the latter there. 

If you that Lassiter, I probably go somewhere other than Bullock in round 4. 

Don't love Estime as we know. I didn't care for chasing that kind of outlier. But he'll be functional in his role

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Chad Rueter 5 round mock:

#21- Taliese Fuaga - he also has us trading up with Miami. In his mock, we give up a third and fourth this year. 

#63 - Kamari Lassiter, CB

#124 - Calen Bullock, S

#135 - Audric Estime, RB

#176 - Tip Reiman, TE

I would not pick Lassiter and then go safety. Concerned Lassiter has to move there. He has Lassiter go before Tampa, and I'd rather go the latter there. 

If you that Lassiter, I probably go somewhere other than Bullock in round 4. 

Don't love Estime as we know. I didn't care for chasing that kind of outlier. But he'll be functional in his role

Yeah, enjoyed Lassiter's tape, but he just doesn't have the deep speed to handle anything more than the slot. And even that's sketchy

Who are the guys that you wouldn't pass on for a trade if available at 31? 

Assume that you can't get them if you move down, regardless of the number of spots, and assume that all trades are in line with the TVC (so no "well, if they give me a two seconds to move down 5 spots, I'd do that no matter what) 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Who are the guys that you wouldn't pass on for a trade if available at 31? 

Assume that you can't get them if you move down, regardless of the number of spots, and assume that all trades are in line with the TVC (so no "well, if they give me a two seconds to move down 5 spots, I'd do that no matter what) 

First post here, been following this draft thread for a while.  For me I wouldn't pass on Darius Robinson, Kool Aid, DeJean, or Barton.  I think those guys are almost guaranteed to be damn good players, which all you can really ask for at #31.  

I also really really really like McConkey, but he's not a MUST PICK guy for me....unless they trade Aiyuk, which I'm much more open to than other Niner fans (highly paid WRs don't seem to win you SBs..poor resource allocation imo...but that's for another thread). 

Unfortunately I think all of them will be gone. And I think the Lions will grab Robinson, which will REALLY suck.

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:53 AM, Forge said:

Took Christian Haynes in the second. 

This was a tough one. Some interesting defensive linemen available (Kneeland, Michael Hall) and I once again passed on receiver in the first two rounds. Left Kiran Amegedjie on the board as well. 

So no tackle so far, no defensive line so far, no receiver. 

• #34 - Kool Aid
  • #63 - Christian Haynes

I think Christian Haynes is a really good second round pick.  I think once people accept that we probably aren't going to find our franchise OT at #31, the draft becomes a lot easier.  Fact is, every team has holes and we might not be able to fill that one right away.  And honestly, the issue everyone complains about is pass blocking, and McKivitz was around average at Pass blocking and it was his first year starting.  All this to say, if we don't get one early it's not the end of the world. It's usually their interior that fails in the big games anyways, especially vs the Chiefs.  McKivitz was fine in the playoffs, it was really Banks and Brendel that were pooping all over the field. 

I'm out on Morgan personally, to me he's like 80-90% going to be moved to Guard, and there's no guarantee he's even going to be a good Guard either.  He's not overly physical, he's not a mauler, and he doesn't really move people like you'd want from a high pick Guard.  So ehhhh...it's just added risk at #31 imo.  He has a high floor, I'll give him that.  But if you're gonna get someone who ends up as a guard, why not get someone like Haynes in the second or McCormick in the third?  these guys are made for that position.  They can get a developmental OT in the 3rd/4th and have them sit for a year and see how that turns out (Christian Jones? Rosengarten?  Foster?  Goncalves?).  One other strategy to consider is trading down to the early 40s and grabbing whoever is left between Frazier and Morgan.  At #43 Morgan becomes more palatable, but that's also where guys like Fiske and Melton start to excite me.  

As for this draft specifically, the only issue with picking Haynes is there might not be a DT available at #94.  Hopefully someone like Dorlus falls and you'll be ok.  I don't think fans understand that Dline is still a pretty big need, especially if they want to play a rotation to keep guys fresh.  Usually in my mocks, I pick dline first or second, because after about the second round (after Jenkins/Ruke usually), the position falls off a cliff.  I'm just not interested in Taylor or the LSU guys...Carter's tape was pretty good when he was locked in, got doubled a lot.   Ideally you'd want a big, strong EDGE who can then move inside on 3rd downs and then Floyd can come in fresh to rush on third...which is why I'm so high on Darius Robinson for this team. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I think Christian Haynes is a really good second round pick.  I think once people accept that we probably aren't going to find our franchise OT at #31, the draft becomes a lot easier.  Fact is, every team has holes and we might not be able to fill that one right away.  And honestly, the issue everyone complains about is pass blocking, and McKivitz was around average at Pass blocking and it was his first year starting.  All this to say, if we don't get one early it's not the end of the world. It's usually their interior that fails in the big games anyways, especially vs the Chiefs.  McKivitz was fine in the playoffs, it was really Banks and Brendel that were pooping all over the field. 

I'm out on Morgan personally, to me he's like 80-90% going to be moved to Guard, and there's no guarantee he's even going to be a good Guard either.  He's not overly physical, he's not a mauler, and he doesn't really move people like you'd want from a high pick Guard.  So ehhhh...it's just added risk at #31 imo.  He has a high floor, I'll give him that.  But if you're gonna get someone who ends up as a guard, why not get someone like Haynes in the second or McCormick in the third?  these guys are made for that position.  They can get a developmental OT in the 3rd/4th and have them sit for a year and see how that turns out (Christian Jones? Rosengarten?  Foster?  Goncalves?).  One other strategy to consider is just trading down to the early 40s and grabbing whoever is left between Frazier and Morgan.  At #43 Morgan becomes more palatable.  

As for this draft specifically, the only issue with picking Haynes is there might not be a DT available at #94.  Hopefully someone like Dorlus falls and you'll be ok.  I don't think fans understand that Dline is still a pretty big need, especially if they want to play a rotation to keep guys fresh.  Usually in my mocks, I pick dline first or second, because after about the second round (after Jenkins/Ruke usually), the position falls off a cliff.  I'm just not interested at all at Taylor or the LSU guys...Carter's tape was pretty good when he was locked in, got doubled a lot.   Ideally you'd want a big, strong EDGE who can then move inside on 3rd downs and then Floyd can come in fresh to rush on third...which is why I'm so high on Darius Robinson for this team. 

Yep, DT didn't work. Dorlus just went. I could have traded up to get him because I knew the guy was going to take him, but felt dirty because he and I were talking about it in pm 😂

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep, DT didn't work. Dorlus just went. I could have traded up to get him because I knew the guy was going to take him, but felt dirty because he and I were talking about it in pm 😂

Is Isaac gone as well?  He's and EDGE who can also stop the run.  Yeah that's always my fear about dline after the 2nd round.  Once the third round roles around, they are usually gone.  Again, these are just my opinion. Maybe you like the LSU guys or Mckinley Jackson or whatever...I just wasn't impressed.  Carter was probably the best of them that I saw, they had to double him a lot...he might be around in the 4th. 

Maybe you can go with Boyd in the 4/5 or just a run plugger like Fabian Lovette in the 6th or something.  Or you can find an EDGE like Xavier Thomas in the 5th just to add some depth to the dline. 

In your position I dunno what I would do lol.  Maybe go Safety (Cole Bishop is awesome), OT (probably no one worth the 3rd), or WR (probably a lot of good guys there, I'm a Malik Washington stan). Or even TE.  Just don't go RB, LMAO.  

I like the Kool Aid pick a lot, but in this draft it seems like CB depth is really good all the way through the 3rd round.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere

3 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Is Isaac gone as well?  He's and EDGE who can also stop the run.  Yeah that's always my fear about dline after the 2nd round.  Once the third round roles around, they are usually gone.  Again, these are just my opinion. Maybe you like the LSU guys or Mckinley Jackson or whatever...I just wasn't impressed.  Carter was probably the best of them that I saw, they had to double him a lot...he might be around in the 4th. 

Maybe you can go with Boyd in the 4/5 or just a run plugger like Fabian Lovette in the 6th or something.  Or you can find an EDGE like Xavier Thomas in the 5th just to add some depth to the dline. 

In your position I dunno what I would do lol.  Maybe go Safety (Cole Bishop is awesome), OT (probably no one worth the 3rd), or WR (probably a lot of good guys there, I'm a Malik Washington stan). Or even TE.  Just don't go RB, LMAO.  

Yep, Isaac went about 15 picks ago. 

Right now I'm leaning toward this pick probably being a receiver. We have two more picks before I'm on the clock and it'll most likely be Washington. Rice, Burton both available. I am a Burton fan with regards to what he can do on the field, but obviously the other stuff is questionable. 

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I like Guerendo but please not another RB in the third, smh.  For as great as Lynch and Shanny are, they do some of the dumbest/funniest stuff.  

I'm probably in on 4th round running back in this draft, not sure he would be my highest rated back at that point, but obviously depends on how the board played out. I have him below guys like Tracy, Davis, etc. 

But I could see him being very Mostert-ish.