2024 Draft

Ftn49

Since the 2023 season is about to start, makes sense to start talking about next years draft... at least to me lol

The question is how many first round picks do we spend on the next quarterback?

Seriously though, I watched quite a few college games this weekend and QB play was excellent.

***MOD EDIT***

Steph Sanchez's spreadsheet for 49er predraft meetings

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FxNw6r_t0pasd1McGFCm1iYpNU_6MH8UKh9EXR94aZ0/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

Wow. It's been a week. For a few it has been two. Let's tap the brakes on this hype train. There is potential there and a lot of it--BUT, I like those who put multiple seasons together. Wary of one season wonders....go for those who have put it together for a minimum of 3 years, IMO.

TCU has no defense at all. They are pathetic. It's so sad to see the talent drain that the portal allows. College football has so much more turnover than the NFL. 

I want OL and lots of it in '24.

Interesting that Colin seems almost to have Kyle's back in this segment...  "Drafting a QB is the hardest thing in sports." Interesting. 

• Like 3

A little too early to discuss 2024, but I will say our pressing needs as of right meow are - OT, DT, DE 

I really do wonder if we will consider any of the QBs because from my understanding IF they all elect to declare this upcoming draft should have a lot of prospects. 

On 9/5/2023 at 11:23 PM, Forge said:

I'm so glad someone started this. I kept meaning too and was lazy. 

This QB class is kind of insane if everyone comes out. With 12 picks, draft two in the middle round

And we all know which of the 2 will be the better one if we do that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I think alot of guys are going to stay an extra year and he may be one of them, maybe not even at Texas

I was talking to a buddy at work about him and my thought is that he declares it simply for the fact he’s got Arch Manning sitting behind him and won’t want to lose the job to him. If nothing else I think Texas fans will be calling for Manning to start next year.

23 hours ago, GW21 said:

I was talking to a buddy at work about him and my thought is that he declares it simply for the fact he’s got Arch Manning sitting behind him and won’t want to lose the job to him. If nothing else I think Texas fans will be calling for Manning to start next year.

That was my thinking too in as far as why he wouldn't be at Texas anyway.

• Forge locked and unlocked this topic