2024 Draft

Ftn49

3 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

If we do draft an OT in the 1st round do we start them at RT over McKivitz before moving them over when Trent retires or let them sit and learn for a year or two?

This assume Trent’s back next year. I could see him hanging them up if we find a way to win it all this year.

• Like 1

I also like JC Latham quite a bit (like most people). Like Fuaga, some really pretty pass blocking reps where he moves his feet and sits his butt down and just stones people. Unlike Fuaga, not as much fun in the running game. Fuaga has like three plays a game on reach blocks or blocks on the second level where like Trent he gets there fast enough to completely turn his body and wall a linebacker utterly out of the game or washes defensive ends away like water. Latham for me is less impressive in that context. There’s a little lack of oomph and a little lack of fluidity at the second level in the running game. But his pass set reps are really nice and clean.

It doesn't really impact us all that much obviously since we would only likely be looking in the late rounds, but interesting to see how many QBs are not coming out. 

Riley Leonard and Van Dyke entered the transfer portal. Quinn Ewers is reportedly very likely to go back to Texas according to ESPN. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It doesn't really impact us all that much obviously since we would only likely be looking in the late rounds, but interesting to see how many QBs are not coming out. 

Riley Leonard and Van Dyke entered the transfer portal. Quinn Ewers is reportedly very likely to go back to Texas according to ESPN. 

Bo Nix looks like he would fit the system here really well. It would be silly to spend a first rounder there, even a really late one.  If I like him, there is bound to be a team in the top 10 that also really likes him.  

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Would be cool if the 49ers take a flyer on Frank Gore Jr. Shanahan already has zero qualms splurging on the position. 

Hey, Brendan Rice, too on the nepotism front y'all! Seriously, though, I feel very strongly that we are going to try and get a Jauan Jennings shaped big slot in here to develop alongside/behind Bell.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Hey, Brendan Rice, too on the nepotism front y'all! Seriously, though, I feel very strongly that we are going to try and get a Jauan Jennings shaped big slot in here to develop alongside/behind Bell.

Yeah I could use another enforcer in the slot game that could toss a DB out the club like Jennings did on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

How did I not know about Brendan Rice? Other than the fact he played in a conference I pay very little attention to....?

5 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

How did I not know about Brendan Rice? Other than the fact he played in a conference I pay very little attention to....?

Excited about the switch to the greatest conference next season? If you haven't already subscribed to Matt Mitchell and SEC shorts make sure you do

• Forge locked and unlocked this topic