2024 Draft

Ftn49

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

Big fan of this Michigan team. 

JJ McCarthy
Blake Corum
Roman Wilson 
Mike Sainristil

Love Sainristil and think he’d fit in great on our defense. Wouldn’t mind Corum in the mid rounds. And I’m confused on McCarthy. First half of the year I thought he was gonna go top 15-20. Now I feel like he could drop to the third. I wouldn’t mind him in the third if that’s the case. 

30 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Love Sainristil and think he’d fit in great on our defense. Wouldn’t mind Corum in the mid rounds. And I’m confused on McCarthy. First half of the year I thought he was gonna go top 15-20. Now I feel like he could drop to the third. I wouldn’t mind him in the third if that’s the case. 

Yeah, I actually wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy goes back. Feel like the stock fell quite a bit during the season 

7 hours ago, straighthate said:

His speed and aggressiveness impressed me a lot last night too, I wonder if he is a bit on the smaller side for us though. We seem to prefer a little bigger DBs

I wouldn't be surprised if we went offense heavy in the draft. Could use immediate upgrades at C, OG & OT. Need future replacements for Deebo, CMC & Kittle (easier said than done). Could also use a young QB for depth. Don't think we'll hit all those positions but those could be priorities

Defensively you can always use depth but i'm certain we'll mainly target DT & DE

Looking at the backups on both sides.... 

On the defensive side, Davis, Beal, Graham, Winters, Luter, Womack, Brown, Hawkins all have potential to step up and at least be in the rotation next season.

On the offensive side, really there's only Mason & Bell. Maybe Willis takes over the Woerner or Dwelley role next year.

I'm fairly certain Mitchell (injury prone), TDP, Latu, Drake Jackson, & Danny Gray aren't in our future plans. 

So yeah, i feel like we'll go heavy on offense to try to get some young replacements as well as surround Purdy with talent, but also make the DL a priority too as thats our MO

Edited by 49ersfan

53 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we went offense heavy in the draft. Could use immediate upgrades at C, OG & OT. Need future replacements for Deebo, CMC & Kittle (easier said than done). Could also use a young QB for depth. Don't think we'll hit all those positions but those could be priorities

Defensively you can always use depth but i'm certain we'll mainly target DT & DE

Looking at the backups on both sides.... 

On the defensive side, Davis, Beal, Graham, Winters, Luter, Womack, Brown, Hawkins all have potential to step up and at least be in the rotation next season.

On the offensive side, really there's only Mason & Bell. Maybe Willis takes over the Woerner or Dwelley role next year.

I'm fairly certain Mitchell (injury prone), TDP, Latu, Drake Jackson, & Danny Gray aren't in our future plans. 

So yeah, i feel like we'll go heavy on offense to try to get some young replacements as well as surround Purdy with talent, but also make the DL a priority too as thats our MO

I really like Troy Franklin. He body catches a little too much for my liking, but man is he explosive.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've heard Ryan Days name in connection (mostly as a throw out) to go to Tuscaloosa with Saban now retired. I think Ryan is unlikely but there will be alot of top of the line coaching positions shuffled before this is done (and more raises for others). I think pretty much the only fanbase whose coach is safe is UGAs. I would say Michigans but he has been flirting too long with the nfl and too much smoke to believe that isn't happening this year.

Forge did you hear what his draft assessment was? I would have to assume 2nd to 3rd.

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I've heard Ryan Days name in connection (mostly as a throw out) to go to Tuscaloosa with Saban now retired. I think Ryan is unlikely but there will be alot of top of the line coaching positions shuffled before this is done (and more raises for others). I think pretty much the only fanbase whose coach is safe is UGAs. I would say Michigans but he has been flirting too long with the nfl and too much smoke to believe that isn't happening this year.

Forge did you hear what his draft assessment was? I would have to assume 2nd to 3rd.

I was kind of assuming second round 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I like JJ as a project, but the NFL must like him a whole lot more. I thought he was going to go back. 

I really like J.J. If Harbaugh goes to Vegas I would not be shocked at all to see him draft McCarthy in round 1.

Does anyone have any insight on Malachi Corley, receiver from Western Ky. 

I saw a draft write up comparing him to Deebo and basically saying he’s a big time YAC guy. Sounds like Kyle would love him and we talk about paying Aiyuk and possibly getting rid of Deebo in a year or two. I could see us going after him and I did a mock where he could be drafted in the third. 

15 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Does anyone have any insight on Malachi Corley, receiver from Western Ky. 

I saw a draft write up comparing him to Deebo and basically saying he’s a big time YAC guy. Sounds like Kyle would love him and we talk about paying Aiyuk and possibly getting rid of Deebo in a year or two. I could see us going after him and I did a mock where he could be drafted in the third. 

Saw some eagles fans are high on him a couple weeks ago. He's not Deebo. I think he's quite a bit bigger, if not the defenders he was playing against were significantly smaller. I'd have expected he'd have had more production with how dominant he looked in his highlights. But he's got talent and a chance, I'd have to see how he tests before I'd have more of an opinion on him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

Saw some eagles fans are high on him a couple weeks ago. He's not Deebo. I think he's quite a bit bigger, if not the defenders he was playing against were significantly smaller. I'd have expected he'd have had more production with how dominant he looked in his highlights. But he's got talent and a chance, I'd have to see how he tests before I'd have more of an opinion on him. 

He's more Zay Flowers than Deebo. But I LOVED Flowers as a prospect so I'd definitely take me some Corely. 

• Like 1

• Forge locked and unlocked this topic